Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I ordered my 1.6 Acenta Sport Juke on 12th October. I was initially told delivery would be 20th November but that was put back to 21st December.
Imagine my surprise today when I got a call from the dealer telling me it was here. Would I like to go over and do the paperwork...over to them in a shot I was.

We did all the paperwork and arranged for me to pick her up on Wednesday 15th Dec yippee.
I then asked if I could just go out and have a look at her.

Imagine my surprise when I noticed the car did not have the Sport pack I ordered!!

Plenty of back pedal by the dealer and that it was all their fault and that they would retro fit privacy film on the windows and refund the sport pack money and give me 3 years servicing for free......

What would you do?

I said No thanks I wanted the Sport pack with proper privacy glass, I like the Sport alloys and the premium interior I mean I'm not buying a pair of socks here guys.

I have said I will be flexible on the colour and will take my first choice Gun Met or Silver Or Black...I am now waiting again and very dissapointed

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you are not happy with their offer don't take it, you would probably regret it later. Saying that you will now have to wait all over again. I would name and shame the dealer too.

·
Registered
120 Posts
One word. GUTTED

I would certainly reject it. Its not what you ordered and not what you want, and i bet if you accepted you would regret it.Edited by: MrWhiskins

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Folks thanks for your support..I have rejected it and yes silverjuke did they think I would not notice? The first thing that caught my eye was the lack of privacy glass. I have 2 daughters 10 and 5 and like it for keeping the sun off.

I think what has bugged me the most is the lack of dealer emotion..I know I have "only" spent £15K compared to £37K for a Z370 they have in the showroom but its not every day you buy a new car is it.

To be honest I am so tainted by the experience I am tempted to cancel my order...what do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
considering the length of time you will have to wait and your dealers lack of care I would be seriously tempted to cancel, maybe you could have a look about see whats on offer from other dealers then tell them to stick it

·
Registered
37 Posts
That is "niet goed" to say the least.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Escalate to Nissan Customer Service at the same time get an expected delivery date from your dealer. IS your dealership a large one? When I was messed around I was promised first option on any cancelled order and that moved my delivery from mid December to early November.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just had the call.... will I take an Acenta 1.6Juke in Force Red with Sport Pack delivery in 10 days?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
From your dealer? if so you cant fault them for trying to get you an alternative, have to say if thats all they can get and you would be happy with red take it but if you think you will regret it then maybe not have you answered them ? and what are they going to chuck in by way of an apology?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Obviouslya massive **** up, but if they can sort it out in 10 days, fair play to them.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I wonder if they had a cancelled order for an Acenta without the sport pack and thought you might take it initially? Or they realised they had ordered you the wrong colour and offering you a cancelled or dealer order in the hope that you would either take it or be so happy to get the sport pack that you would accept the colour change.
*to deks (because we all know that the red is the common colour that people are now rising above).
Bottom line is whether red is acceptable. I was happy to change from silver to white because white was an acceptable colour to me (and reduced the price).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guys so glad I am part of this forum your feedback as well as a few beers is helping me through this!

I do find red acceptable..just looked through the brochure and thought "thats cool"... Should I try and get the £250 3 years servicing and RAC for free as a bung for being messed about or pitch it at the full tank of fuel and the car mats at £89 level?

Thanks again

Pete

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
look at my gallery pics titled twinkle twinkle for some red pics
as for what you can get go for as much as you can start by asking them what they were offering as a sweetner in case its more than you want if not tell them what you want as a sweetner then go from their you may have to compromise somewhere but go in high you can come down but you cant go up
good luck

·
Registered
540 Posts
Go for as much as you can. If you can afford to wait for the car you want and not the one they want to give you then stick in there and ask for what you have suggested above with the servicing, RAC, etc. Forget the fuel and mats they are not the same value...
You have nothing to lose.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Gosh lots of people seem to have trouble with their new cars.......I have the Acenta 1.6 in force red and it looks fab. I wanted a new car when mine broke after only 10 days, but they fixed it after having it back for a month. Don't accept second best, its worth waiting to get what you want - after all its a fair amount of cash we are parting with. Good luck.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Definitely try and get something thrown in - make a big fuss about red "not being your first choice colour" etc etc. Upto you what you want, but IMO some of the chrome accessories look great on Force red. Maybe get your dealer to throw a couple in?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just had a call from the dealer they will give me the 3 Year £250 servicing package for free...I am pleased with that and having looked through the Juke broschure I must say I am rerally warming to the Red.....bloody good job under the circumstances eh!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts