Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I managed to confuze ourJuke today.
We have the keyless entry and decided to see how safe (as in not knickable) it was.
My wife had my key (and hers) initially with her. I think she at some point put her one into the house but, even that is odd because, we found as I am sure a lot of you have found, that we can only start the car if we are in the car with the doors closed and seated. Well the doors closed might not be striclty true but, the little foot on the brake light did not come on till my wife handed me the key through the window.
So, okay we confirmed that it would be virtually impossible for anyone else to come along and sit in the car and start it without having a key on them or in a bag in the car.
Now the strange thing - we closed the car and I locked it with the handle button and walked away. When I came to the car later to go out - IT WOULD NOT START!!!
I could get the little light for the foot brake as if we could start the car but, no amount of effort or cycling through the ignition sequence would start the car till my wife came out with her key in her hand.
The car started when she was behind the wheel and so she switched it off and I sat behind the wheel again and it started normally. I drove to my destination, stopped the car, did what I had to and came out and started it and drove home, got out and locked the car normally again. All as if nothing had happened.
My question to Nissan would be - what if I had just dropped my wife at the railway station, airport, etc and she set off on her journey with her key? If the car exhibited the same problem I would not be able to drive it away.
Any one got any ideas. I work within an electronics department and see some strange things and I can only think there is some poor programming of the use of the keys here. I ain't bothering telling Nissan coz I believe they will not be in the slightest bit interested. Just thought I would make others aware.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
sounds complex however i tried something close. I got into the car and started the engine. handed the keys to my fiancée through the window and started driving off. The car did not so much as blink even after about 10 meters away. I would have thought the car would have cut out or done something!
What stops a thief from dragging you out the car and driving off even if the keys ARE still in your pocket?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts