Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else having problems with electric shocks?
Once I switch the engine off and get out of the car I am getting a nasty shock - only started recently - mine is a petrol model

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Could be the mats, seats and you making static electricity together (bit like what you get in carpeted department stores when you touch the lift button or stair rails). Avoiding nylon in clothes might help, and also tapping your hand on the car body to discharge the electricity.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Mine was doing the same but only when i wore my running shoes. Dont get shocked with any other shows or bare foot so im assuming its the rubber soles that are allowing me to ground any static when i get out and close the door

·
Registered
41 Posts
I personally havent noticed any shocks since I fitted rubber mats and juke seat covers a few weeks ago [ despite the the dry sunny weather.I am prone to static shocks and had a few jolts earlier on so its probably the mats doing the biz.

·
Registered
41 Posts
OMG thought it was just me!!!! Figured it was to do with the material. Either that or daisy just loves my driving so much she doesn't want me to get out lol

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
deks36 said:
JUKEOFYORK said:
I'm getting these static electricity shocks as well, these past couple of weeks.
there is a GOD
Deks, "So it's a deal, then almighty god. Shake on it ?".

God, "It will be as you wish, Deks. I'll shall away to Yorkshire and verily I shall smite Joy's Juke."

Deks, "Nice one, you're holy Jukeness, and I'll send on the juke owners baseball cap and mug as soon as they come in."

Edited by: JUKEOFYORK

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same problem, but also my passengers keep getting shocks. It's getting so bad that I don't want to drive. The dealership says there's nothing wrong with the car and don't know why it's happening. I have material seats and official mats, it's also a petrol model.

·
Registered
46 Posts
hi yes most times i get out i get a shock and i have had on different shoes on but i find i do not get this if i have parked at work on concrete.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
;)The 'shocks' are us discharging electricity to the metal frame of the car, so, strictly, we are giving the shocks, rather than getting them

1 - 19 of 19 Posts