Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

may I ask anyone who experienced comparing the fuel cosumption of eco and sport mode in the motorway running 60mph and above? which one conserved more fuel? eco or sport?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have not compared eco to sport yet but I am doing some tests over a monthly period. Road types the same i.e. town - motorway - country using dci. 1st month on eco - averaged 46.6 mph. 2nd month (part way throught) on normal - averaging 48.0 mpg this month so far.I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks mate! Please keep me updated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Had my Juke around a month now (1.6 Acenta petrol).
Started out mainly jn NORMAL drive mode, but having played around with the SPORT and ECO settings too, I find I leave it in SPORT mode most of the time.
Probably knackers my mpg, but the throttle response is fabulous.
Then you drop it back into ECO............ OMG - it's like youve left the handbrake on!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Leaving mine in sport mode all this week and already think that I've used a little less petrol than would have been the case in it's often Eco mode.

Could it be that that I was tending (having) to overdrive an unresponsive engine setting?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I find that eco mode is OK at stop/start driving but with general driving, it gives me less mpg than normal mode. I also find that air temperature and air density has a marked affect on my mpg. I have not done any tests in sport mode as 99% of the time I have a German Shepard and wife in the car. I also find that the same journeys have marked different mpg figures when the car is driven in the same style with up to 10mpg difference.

·
Registered
88 Posts
When I first got my Juke in 2010 I used the 3 different modes with 3 tankful's of fuel in each mode. The outcome was that sport mode gave me a slightly better mph. I am putting this down to the Pennine roads, I was finding that I had to drop down to 3rd gear in eco and normal on really steep hills, or you put your foot down to get a run at a hill to avoid dropping a gear thus using more fuel. I have kept her in sport ever since and averaged 38.5mpg over 29,000 miles (actual fuel to miles travelled) compared to the computer readout of 39.6mph.

G

·
I have a 1.6 Petrol Acenta Sport (Manual) & I agree with others that when "Sport" mode is selected, MPG improves. I use a mixture of A & B roads on daily commute & generally can't travel above 50mph. According to the car's Trip Computer, I easily average 49 MPG.
In "Normal" mode, it drops to about 46 MPG - Presumably as throttle response is better in "Sport" mode & I have to change gear less + Am lighter on the accelerator pedal?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has the new dig-T Juke altered all this. I had the previous, normally aspirated 1.6 and change into sports mode was significant. I used it mainly for quick getaway in city traffic. Latest 1.2 turbo does not feel different between normal and sport and does not give me the quick getaway I previously experienced

1 - 11 of 11 Posts