1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today the Juke went for a dyno run.

It is a dyno run without roller. So the can measure direct enginepower

Guess what:

Results: 217.6 bHp (if I am using the correct horsepower measurement)torque: 270.3 nM @ 4100rpm

Hope to post tomorrow the sheet.

Wheelpower is 187.3

Don;t know how nissan has done the specs, but if they are saying engine power, this is really funny instead of 190 noq 217.6

also did a run with the OEM filter (instead of the k&n)
and the power was 215.3 bHP and 268.4 nM @ 4100 rpm

so a k&N give me a 2.3 bHp win

·
Registered
484 Posts
Interesting +30 Nm. This will explain why reports suggest it feels much quicker than the quoted figures.

VW group engines, TDI & TSI often produce higher bhp than stated. My130 bhpTDI Fabia made 152 bhp before its remap.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Im no petrol head but fairly sure Nissan published figures are at the wheel not at the engine. In which case you found it to be 187.3hp which is remarkably close to Nissan published 188hp

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SkvanD said:
Im no petrol head but fairly sure Nissan published figures are at the wheel not at the engine. In which case you found it to be 187.3hp which is remarkably close to Nissan published 188hp
that's what i was thinking, but then again, who advertises with wheel power ;)

With all car I had before the Juke I did a dyno and the engine power was always less then Nissan claimed, with the juke its the other way around :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
Looking at the power data from my vRS Dyno (170 BHP Remap):

Normal power : 170.5 BHP
Engine output : 174.5 BHP
Wheel output : 136.0 BHP
Drag output : 38.5 BHP
Torque : 270 lbf-ft

So if Nissan is using wheel output then you have more BHP than you think

·
Registered
65 Posts
Are I see a proper dyo being used , I have heard these cars give more BHP than what Nissan say but they did the same thing with the GTR,s quoted 280bhp but they are give 300+ bhp from the factory.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts