Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few cars with DRLs and I am sorry butthey just look stupid. They are too bright and you end up looking like an Audi driver,why you wouldbuy a set at Halfords is beyond me. If my Juke is delivered with them (I know it won't) I would be mortified.

·
Registered
147 Posts
why would you look like an audi driver? there's plenty of brands with drls now. And plus, from now on every vehicle will have them.I wish my juke had them aldready. I think the circular led's that were present in qazana would've looked amazing.

Edited by: hidetsugu

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank GodJuke was homologated before March 1st so it is up to Nissan to install DLRs but they don't have to.

A dimmer will not stop my DLR induced gagreflex

·
Registered
247 Posts
DRLs can look great when done right...

now, boy racer
holes who drive around with their fog lights on all the time? Another story all together.

·
Registered
147 Posts
lol, that's so true? I see it's not just in Portugal. What's got into people? There's just so many cars driving with fog lights on... i think they are all jealous of the Juke because of the doube pair of lights. It's just dumb...

Edited by: hidetsugu

·
Registered
873 Posts
People with fog lights on annoy the **** out of me. Are people that stupid that they can't remember to turn them off after leaving a fog patch?

And I agree, DRLs look stupid and very boy racer. Glad the Juke doesn't have them.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I like the DRL, the new citreons look funky with them and really stand out.
As for front fogs I understand why people have these on when there is no fog. Plus when you switch the on and the rears if you stop the engine and the restart the rears have switched off but the fronts don't?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Well yeh, but like I say, that's people just being too stupid to remember to turn them off, even though there is a light on the dashboard to turn them off! It's really dangerous to have them on unnecessarily, it can dazzle other road users, and in the case of rear fog lights, it can mask the brake lights.

·
Registered
147 Posts
At least here in Portugal it's not about "forgetting". I see many many people with fog lights on. People didn't started now to loose memory... it's a fashion.

·
Registered
247 Posts
yeah, they only do it because they think it looks cool... which is odd when you consider that the only people who can see it are cursing them because they're being blinded by a pair of dazzling spotlights.

·
Registered
17 Posts
One thing I will not miss when trading in my Volvo is the lights being on all the time, you can't actually turn them off
The best you can do is go to side lights but then it is too easy to forget when you park and when the switch is in this position your lights don't go out! I'm sure plenty of people think you're being pushy in traffic coming up behind them with your lights on - it's not the done thing in the UK. Found out Volvo will fit a switch to turn the lights off - only wanted £135 for this.
As I say good bye Volvo (there were other reasons too
)

·
Registered
484 Posts
DRL’s were supposed to be a safety feature ‘to be seen’.
I wonder how many accidents have been caused by them, by people taking their eyes off the road to look at the latest fancy lights.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Mez said:
I wonder how many accidents have been caused by them, by people taking their eyes off the road to look at the latest fancy lights.
I'm guilty of looking
But they do stand out which is positive and they are shiny!

·
Registered
220 Posts
The new LED on AUDI's are not that bad....however I seen a 2001 plate Audi with retrofit LED not good...The LED on the jukeforum look great imo...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts