Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called in past Aberdeen Nissan today, to enquire as to whether everything was on schedule for collection of my Juke next Saturday.

Mentioned to the salesman that I hadnt driven one yet, and he gave me the keys to the identical car (except its silver with chrome pack) sitting outside......

My thoughts are as follows....

The car feels very well screwed together, very solid and chunky on the road.
When driving, theres very little road noise, the only noise invading the cabin is that from the engine - it gets noisy when revved.

Im 6ft 2in and the driving position and seats felt very comfortable, my wife whos 5ft 6in agreed.
One small issue which may have just been me, was that I caught my foot on the fuel/bonnet release catches when getting out of the car. They are at the bottom of the dash on the drivers side.

The Nissan connect system sounds pretty good - the salesman had left a USB stick of music in the drive and it played very well. Swapping from music to radio to satnav seemed very simple - in fact the whole connect system seem almost idiot proof.

However - not so keen on the climate control/fuel computer/g meter thingy at the bottom of the dash. Its not so inuative and pretty gimmiky and awkward - I also think it looks very cheap and tacky.

Back to the drive and handling - it rode over potholes very well and although the engines noisy under revs, at traffic lights its very, very quiet. A little buzzy at 70 mph, I feel this is definitely a town/ A road car - not the car to buy (in 1.6 form) if you hassle up and down the motorways all day.

The size of the car isnt an issue from inside - if you are comfortable in an Astra/Focus size car, you will not think twice when driving the Juke. The reversing camera also seems fine, although I did use my good old fashioned neck muscles and just look around when I backed it into a parking slot!

The gearbox is a little notchy, but the car had only done 65miles, so it should loosen up. The car had averaged 28mpg according to the computer - although I think that was all round town and cold running.

Ok, thats it for quick first impressions - if you have any questions, give us a shout.

For those who are concerned about ordering a car without driving it as we had done, I can alay your fearsand say we are delighted, the car is very nice to drive and we cannot wait to collect next week!!

In the 1/2 hour of driving the car - we must have seen more than 30 people turning their heads to look at it, so if you are shy, maybe you should buy a Kia???

Andy

·
Registered
367 Posts
Thanks for the update, we have our test drive on Tuesday and pick up ours on Saturday too. We were allowed the keyes to go and sit in ours and have a play, we loved it to and can't wait.

It's going to be a long week - worse than waiting for Santa

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem...

I think your gonna like it!!!!

I was very pleasantly surprised, its much better than I thought it would be, especially for the price!

andy

·
Registered
9 Posts
What do you mean with "bussy" on the highway? That it makes a bit to much revvs probably? Or does you mean that the car get's a bit unstable?
I hope it's just means that it was a bit to much with revvs

·
Registered
231 Posts
Also had a test drive on Saturday in a chromed 'Haptic blue' Acenta premium at Glyn Hopkins in Colchester, really liked it. - feel the chrome mirrors are a little too far!
There were 5 of us in the car (3 adults and 2 children) and it at no time felt under powered, it feels nicely planted to the road, (country lanes and town roads tested on).

I like the D mode / climate control system, somehow a set of 'basic / normal' controls would not work with the feel of the rest of the car.
Overall a very well built car - very impressed, can't wait for Friday!.

ps The show room car is an Acenta sport so had a chance to see the spec as 'our car' will be, the stereo is really good and fits in well with the rest of the dash, may sound odd but its the 1st time I had seen the dash without the satnav stereo in it!
Happy days

·
Registered
367 Posts
I was wondering where you had got to I thought you had done a Thelma & Louise in it!!! Glad you had a Haptic Blue one to try out

Our test drive tomorrow night - can't wait.
Not long to wait now and have you seen my post "at times like these I love my job" 2 Jukes coming into where I work - being exported out to Turkey!

·
Registered
231 Posts
You can drive your colleges' nuts telling them all about the Jukes
Be interesting to note if any spec changes for the overseas cars?
Hope you enjoy your test drive, I was surprised by the ride, considering it has sometimes been described (by others) as bumpy etc, it was not at all harsh in any way, but held the road well, with a fully laden car. You and your hubby are gonna love it!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hubby works for the same company as me but in the warehouse so it will be interesting to see what the other guys all think about it. I think he's already driving them nuts.

Glad the test drive was brill!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Cant wait....cant wait........ I have the 1.6 accenta with premium pack on order and I drove the petrol and the diesel versions. There's not a lot to choose between them.

Ouch!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I picked mine up Thursday after buying without test drive. I love it but have been finding bumpy. Have other people said same?? Not seen anything and thought was just me. I do love the car but do feel it's bit bumpy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts