Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone come up with a solution to the pitiful situation with the door's armrest? OUCH!!

Could they have made it any harder? Would even a small amount of foam insert have been too much to ask for? Worse still, I find the B-pillar's interior intrusiveness limits where I can put my non-shifting arm while driving (it blocks the aftward positioning of my elbow). I sit all the way back, so maybe that's why this issue has revealed itself to me, but perhaps not to others.

Ergonomics are turning out to be my biggest beef with the Juke over time, and that was NOT part of the plan when I went car shopping.

Edited by: darex

·
Registered
127 Posts
Can't say I have noticed this however I have had the armrest fitted in the middle, so I don't use the door one.

It's not a luxury car, so you can't expect expensive materials unfortunately.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Haven't noticed. Sounds like the car is too small for you, darex.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Arm rest? What arm rest? My arm sits in mid air, the sill is too high and the arm rest is too far forward and low unless I sit at a crazy angle. I did pick up a centre arm rest from John @ Holdcroft's at the weekend. Top man very helpful, helping me change my opinion of Holdcroft's. The armrest sits in the holder without needing to bolt it in ITS GREAT!

·
Registered
29 Posts
arm rest on the door is too low for me also. and in tekna for some reason they decided to cover it in cloth, which basically doesn't match the rest of the interior.

it would be nice if Nissan offered this as an accessory.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What's it covered with in the lower trim-levels? I thought all had our cloth covering (gray or red "mesh" cloth), to match the "motorcycle tank's" color?

My MINI Cooper didn't have the greatest door armrest either, but at least it was well-positioned and not rock-hard!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
i got small arms so recon ill be okay. im also short haha so
the distance to the steering wheel might make a difference XD

·
Registered
446 Posts
Realise that this is an old topic, but did anyone come up with a solution - the arm rest is just too low for me to use when I'm driving, and it's not at all comfortable.

Have wondered about using a gel pad computer keyboard wrist rest to soften it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Realise that this is an old topic, but did anyone come up with a solution - the arm rest is just too low for me to use when I'm driving, and it's not at all comfortable.

Have wondered about using a gel pad computer keyboard wrist rest to soften it.
Best option is to hold the steering wheel with both hands.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I agree Quacker. The strip on the door is so low and uncomfortable for your arm because its not an armrest.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yes, and no - it's shaped like an armrest, and for long distances, it's more comfortable to have an armrest that then positions your hands perfectly on the wheel - that was the case with my previous Voyager which was brilliant over very long distances but I still had full control of the wheel - if anything, it encouraged holding the wheel at the 10 to 2 position.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have seen add on door armrests for different cars,they fit into the door pull,on the Juke the door pull appears to be fitted by just one screw,so i'm going to try and fabricate one to fit in there,may be try to buy a spare pull so i can do some testing,without doing any damage. yes hard and way to low.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts