Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's new Juke Tekna (less than 100 miles on the clock) has picked up a screw in a rear tyre and now has a slow puncture; she has only driven it for a week....
Local tyre fitters say it cannot be repaired & needs a new tyre @ £146 but guess what?
No Bridgestone ER300 Turanza 215/55R17 94V stock available anywhere
. Apparently they are all going to the Nissan factory to be put on new Jukes......
Unfortunately we had not got round to ordering the space saver kit & today I discovered they are on a 3-5 week lead time too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
feefeeglasgow said:
Oh - thats painful - Have you tried the good old internet to source tyre???

Fee x
Working on it now, not much success yet. I have used Black Circles before, but they haven't got any listed.

·
Registered
199 Posts
if you can't find some then how about doing this, get 4 winter tyres for the Juke, pop em on now and come march/april time that should give you enough time to source a spare bridgestone, you'll not be wearing the other 3 as you've put winter tyres on the car
i've bought some nokian wrg2's which are sat in the garage awaiting the car

·
Registered
575 Posts
Gives you an excuse to buy some pirelli p zeros.....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chris78 said:
Gives you an excuse to buy some pirelli p zeros.....
Steady on.... this is my wife's car not mine

She's really upset that her new 'pet' has been injured though......

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
What a let down, you must be deflated...............

The winter tyre option is a great idea if you can run to it, long term they will last for years and save wear on the normal ones too. And as its the wife's car you will be able to justify it by wanting her to be safe in all that wetslippy stuff.

Win Win Win...................

Edited by: 12Inchmick

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Right - I'm goin to show my ignorance

What exactly is a winter tyre??? - What is the difference visually on the tyre?

You're not referring to the ones in Sweden with the little bubbly bits on them (NO JOKES PLEASE), are you?

Fee

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
no winter tyres over here are not allowed to have studs in they are merely mud and snow tyres the kind you find on 4x4 you may well benefit where you are fee but where I am on the south coast would really be a waste of time and money IMO not for me but others have their reasons for wanting them

edit 2130 hrs clearly i know nothing about tyres so ignore my above comment
still not for me but certain to benefit some especially those in remote or Northern areas
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
199 Posts
http://www.autocar.co.uk/blogs/stillatthewheel/archive/2010/01/13/just-how-good-are-winter-tyres.aspx
read up here
basically for the last 2 years my cars not been able to get off my drive let alone out and about when the snow hits, so as soon as i get my juke i have 4 winter tyres going on, will take them off agin in the spring and store them until next year, they don't have nobblily bits on the tyre just made of a different rubber and diff tread pattern, see youtube for winter v summer tyres demo, they're saving me buying a 4wd for 1 month of the year when i'd need it...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Fee,
They have more rubber content, work better in lower temp & have better grip, making for better breaking distances.
Theyre not just for snow & ice, but work well in the cold/wet. Theyre supposed to be more economical too.
That said weve never had any, for a start weve no where to store the ones that come off, lol!

They dont really look any different, maybe have more lines in the tread patterns. I never noticed any difference to be fair.Edited by: sallyspud

·
Registered
443 Posts
feefeeglasgow said:
Right - I'm goin to show my ignorance

What exactly is a winter tyre??? - What is the difference visually on the tyre?

You're not referring to the ones in Sweden with the little bubbly bits on them (NO JOKES PLEASE), are you?

Fee
They are made of different rubber that works better at low temp.and also have a different tread to clear the slush out of the tread.some have positions to insert ice studs .

·
Registered
754 Posts
If winter tyres are so good, why son't cars have them as standard?
What happens if you leave winter tyres on all summer?
(Another clueless female here.)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Because of the rubber compound they wear a tiny bit quicker in the summer months, otherwise you could run them all year round

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Assuming you have only one set of wheels, how much does it cost to swap tyres over twice a year?
Would you not be worried about some careless tyre fitter scraping your alloys?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'll be more worried about having poor grip in the winter months if there's any signs of ice and snow to be honest, and if there was damage done by a fitter I'll be inspecting wheels prior and after fitting has happened like I always do

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Thanks all for your replies - which made lots of sense.......

I will seriously consider winter tyres as I think that the weather up here can only get worse over the coming months and I would rather have a wee bit more security with them

Cheers
!!!!

Fee

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
well I apologise I clearly misunderstood what a winter tyre was, still not sure they would make that much difference to me but certainly worth it up North I would say

you learn something everyday

1 - 20 of 46 Posts