Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please don't buy a Nissan Juke, mine is six months old, after two months corrosion started appearing on the nearside passenger door, now all four doors and tailgate have signs of active rust, please go to Honda, Volkswagen or anyone else really!

So far Nissan's only action has been to try and prove that I have had the vehicle re-sprayed so that they don't incur any costs in rectifying the problem (their own paint depth testing has proved that I haven't) avoid Nissan at all costs!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow, I have not heard of this before, and there are people on here with three year old cars.

Please keep us informed as to how you get on with your claim, I'm sure they will their utmost to wriggle out of a claim, but stick with it and keep friends with your local dealer

Good luck

Miff

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't buy a nissan juke - up date

I was contacted by Nissan Customer Services today, they claim that the corrosion damage has been caused by 'fallout' and Nissan won't be taking any action, the dealer who supplied the car are saying the same thing.

The car has only ever been hand washed using water and regular car wash solution.

It has done only 5000 miles in six months.

I have now found further corrosion on the offside front wing, this car is a pile of scrap, I repeat do not deal with these people they will treat you like rubbish.

AVOID NISSAN AT ALL COSTS!

·
Registered
952 Posts
What's "fallout"?

Can you post some pictures of the damage?

I'd suggest an independent engineers report followed by legal action if the report backs up your position that this is a manufacturing problem.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was contacted by Nissan Customer Services today, they claim that the corrosion damage has been caused by 'fallout' and Nissan won't be taking any action, the dealer who supplied the car are saying the same thing.

The car has only ever been hand washed using water and regular car wash solution.

It has done only 5000 miles in six months.

I have now found further corrosion on the offside front wing, this car is a pile of scrap, I repeat do not deal with these people they will treat you like rubbish.

AVOID NISSAN AT ALL COSTS!

What the heck is 'fallout' ???

Miff

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nissan are saying that 'fallout' is bits of material that stick to the paint work and cause it to rust from the outside in (and not their responsibility). It's odd that I've never had any problems with my last six cars, four Volkswagens and two Hondas.

The car has been hand washed on average every week using car shampoo and water, nothing else, it is rapidly becoming a pile of scrap metal.

Nissan's attitude stinks, their Customer service is completely non-existent.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Ah, understand what fallout is now. If the car was rusting through the paint you'd usually see lifting/bubbling in the paint before it showed through, do you have anything like that? Fallout can't be removed by normal washing.

If it is fallout it may have been caused by some one-off local occurrence (e.g. demolition work) so your previous cars not suffering from it doesn't really prove anything. Why are you sure it's not fallout?

Not saying Nissan are right here, just trying to understand what's going on as it sounds very odd.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello John C,

I wash the car every week (its a white car) so any 'fallout (or cop out)' is quickly removed, the location of some of the corrosion high on the rear tailgate and front wing are not in locations which tend to pick up debris easily (the car as mud flaps all round too) so I'm not convinced by Nissans arguments.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello John C,
I wash the car every week (its a white car) so any 'fallout (or cop out)' is quickly removed, the location of some of the corrosion high on the rear tailgate and front wing are not in locations which tend to pick up debris easily (the car as mud flaps all round too) so I'm not convinced by Nissans arguments.

·
Registered
952 Posts
OK so Nissan have looked at it and say it's fallout, but you're not convinced. Fair enough.

From what I read about fallout it literally does drop out of the sky so the locations you give would be prime candidates to collect it - once it's hit the road it apparently doesn't tend to get thrown back up into the air.

You're at an impasse - Nissan seem to be making a credible argument (although I feel your pain ref talking to customer services - been there, done that!) so if you're convinced they're wrong I think your next step has to be an independent report.

Again, I'm not saying you're in the wrong, just that from an independent point of view you need expert evidence to counter or confirm Nissan's diagnosis. Sorry if I sound pedantic - I'm a professional diagnostician in the IT sector so I spend half my life trying to sort out "it's this/no it isn't" issues and my experience is that you've got to remove emotion from these situations and gather hard facts - belief is nothing, evidence is everything.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've had 'fallout' from a person angle grinding too near my car. Little rusty orange specs burnt into the paint. No long term issue from it though but unsightly on the 'wrong' colour car.
I've also had a lesser issue when the car was regularly parked near a railway line. My theory is that train brake dust was the issue.
Unless the car sustained this 'fallout' at the Nissan dealer or pre-delivery, it really isn't their problem. It is not their car, it is the owner's. **** happens.

An indépendant engineer should be able to confirm what the problem is, but probably not the source. In the meantime, drive the car and forget playing the blame game.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Should say that these issues were over a number of years with different cars, not the Juke. Reading my post above, it might seem that my Juke paint is covered in blemishes but in fact it is perfect after 24,000 miles so far and has suffered none of these mishaps. [touch wood!]

·
Registered
165 Posts
Got to be more to this than meets the eye - a new nissan juke will not rust for 10 years unless its been messed with, damaged or not looked after correctly - suggest the op never buys a nissan again and gets back into a honda or vw where id like to bet he will quickly find they will go the same way as his juke did if treated the same way...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts