Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im wondering if anybodys rev conter stays at no1 when idle,and when im on the motorway it feels as if its struggiling to do 70,its as if it needs a six gear (i only have the 5 speed 1.6 accenta sport)is this normal as i used to have a 2lt bmw or is this something i need to get looked at. could someone fill me in cheers
.PS love the car its awesome....

·
Registered
873 Posts
It does have reasonably low ratio gears, so it does rev a bit higher than some other cars at those speeds. I wouldn't worry about it as a problem, it's just how it is I think.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I think your find along with qasqie 1.6 owners that at 70 mph they do rev high. A 6 speed box would have been a good idea
Maybe if enough people a ask it may happen .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But do you think the rev counter is ok(always at 1000 rpm ) when idle? ps thanks for the reply guys.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hi d9rus

I have just traded in a 1.6 Qashqai and it certainly does rev high, as ifdesperately searching fora 6th gear. i agree with you on that one... In my opinion it is a characteristic of this engine.

However, if your rev counter is CONSTANTLY showing at 1000 rpm - I would say there is a problem.

If its 1000 rpm when idling only - looking back at my Qashqai (which has the same engine) - I would say that would be about right.....

If you are really worries though - its always best to pay the dealer a visit and the service dept should be able to put your mind at ease!!!

All the very best

Fee

·
Registered
56 Posts
6 speed manual (FWD only) is the standard offering here in the US. AWD its only the CVT available.

Wonder why they put a 5 speed box in the UK version and a 6 speed in the US version...and I wonder what the Japanese got

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
which engine do you have as the 1.6 non turbo in uk is 5 speed where as the 1.6 turbo(dig-t) is 6 speed

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
thats why you have only the 6 speed box in manual and tbh honest in the states i am amased they are selling any stick shifts

·
Registered
277 Posts
true Deks36 ........ I am surprised too if they are delivering any models with shift stick!!
When I lived there, people seemed to be very surprised and in awe that I drove a manual car !!

Probably I was considered a very intelligent person

·
Registered
56 Posts
In some very hilly areas a stick shift is preferable to any type of automatic transmission, going down the mountains near Denver for example is a recipe for a run away car in an automatic as you end up riding the brakes rather than using engine braking to keep the speed down.

There are of course also people who believe you need a stick shift to be able to drive a car, and some people who do not want to speed the extra cash for an automatic.

Me ? I live in N Virginia where traffic is a nightmare and driving a stick changes from being fun to being an annoyance in the stop start crawl to work and back...oh and I wanted the AWD ;)

·
Registered
277 Posts
ohhhhhhhhh yes !! ... I can relate to that.

So can you imagine the traffic on a 19 square mile island with 400,000 inhabitants?? .... all possibly owning a car if not 2!! ............. yep this is where I live, and traffic can be insane, but then again I always preferred a manual ........... I find it more fun to drive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts