Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coz if you do I'll find out how to post some pix.

I think they are way cool.

Plus my dust caps, of course!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
yes please and if you cant work it pm and Ill send you my email and I will upload them for you
especially if you inc the one after waxing

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I gave up waiting for a normal 'upload from your computer' method, and created a PhotoBucket account, and it works.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, I'll do it tomorrow.

Wonder if the waxing will still be worth looking at...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK. Decals and the results of a good waxing.

I'm going to add a decal to my REAR view mirror. Yes, REAR view.

Who's going to resist making a wiseCRACK about that, eh?
Edited by: jayannlay

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
B()gger. It didn't work!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Oh.. I thought you meant on the other side of the mirror, not the mirror's surface itself! Surely putting something there is a pretty stupid move - could block some of your vision. I could imagine it invalidating your insurance as well.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, it doesn't impede vision at all.

I considered the other side but it's so curved I don't think I'd get good adhesion.

I really like them and, as I say, they don't affect visibility.

·
Registered
873 Posts
They do affect visibility - maybe not much in your opinion, but it could be that your insurance company will refuse to pay out if you have an accident and they see them!

·
Registered
147 Posts
yeah, when i first read decals, i also thought it was on the other side. In the mirror, besides the visibility and warranty question, i don't think it looks good. And i can't possible imagine it looking better in the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just me then!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Jay like the wording wrong side of mirror if you ask me as for blocking vision 1st point n/s mirror is not a legal requirement so no arguemnet their driverside mirrors I doubt the woed Juke obscures the vision any more than one of those stupid triangular wide angle things that infuriate me when they are on a car , that said it would distract me immensely and i would have to remove them
but each to their own
as for insurance companies they will do anything to get out of paying as many people will find out the next time it snows.

·
Registered
873 Posts
deks36 said:
Jay like the wording wrong side of mirror if you ask me as for blocking vision 1st point n/s mirror is not a legal requirement so no arguemnet their driverside mirrors I doubt the woed Juke obscures the vision any more than one of those stupid triangular wide angle things that infuriate me when they are on a car , that said it would distract me immensely and i would have to remove them
but each to their own
as for insurance companies they will do anything to get out of paying as many people will find out the next time it snows.
Exactly, doesn't matter whether it does or doesn't reduce visibility, the insurance company will say it does and use it as an excuse not to pay out, simple as that.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey, I can peel 'em off if it comes down to it.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good to have some legal eagles about! Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yes, but your insurance is partly based on the equipment that the car has. If you disable / impair some of that equipment, even a bit, then the insurance is invalid if you haven't told them about it (they require you to tell them of any modifications, even if only cosmetic). It's alright saying you legally only need certain equipment, but if the model comes with extra as standard (ie, a second wing mirror) and you then change this, it affects your insurance.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts