Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of you have taken dogs in the trunk?

Usually mine sit in the rear seat beside my son, but when we go to the lakes and the dogs are all muddy and wet I want them to ride in the trunk for that short distance.
Mine are a small spanish Podenco and a Staffordshire Bullterrier Mix and they fit in, being not too large. This morning someone in the parking lot at the lake told me it looked as if I had gotten my Staffbull to fit the car.....
being kind of compact and muscular on short legs........I really laughed about it as I´ve had this dog for 5 years....

Ruby

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hi Rubyscar I did a thread called travelling with dogs on the newbie site as I asked the same thing. I got two german pointers, a long haired minature dashund and a good old cross breed. Might be worth your while having a read

·
Registered
113 Posts
As I have said previously I would never put my dogs in any boot space. They sit on a cover on the back seat with seatbelts on. Recently I witness the devastation of a rear end shunt with 2 dogs in the hatch. They were squashed beyond recognition and the driver of the car actually passed out and was treated for severe shock. I have been asked to be a witness in the court case against the other driver as the dogs owners is unable to attend as he is still devastated.

Therefore I am carefully with my pets.

·
Registered
93 Posts
well, I will never let my dog sit in the trunk or anywhere else. The juke will be so precious for me. Although I have a small dog(pug) I will buy her a dog carrier.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
rubyscar said:

Usually mine sit in the rear seat beside my son, but when we go to the lakes and the dogs are all muddy and wet I want them to ride in the trunk for that short distance.
Mine are a small spanish Podenco and a Staffordshire Bullterrier Mix and they fit in, being not too large. This morning someone in the parking lot at the lake told me it looked as if I had gotten my Staffbull to fit the car.....
being kind of compact and muscular on short legs........I really laughed about it as I´ve had this dog for 5 years....

Ruby
Dogs in trunks going for a swim? - How strange.....................

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
rubyscar said:

Ruby
"Being kind of compact and muscular on short legs" Ruby,you weren't from the former East Germany were you ? A shot putter perhaps ?

·
Registered
345 Posts
nope dog does not fit

use to have a station where it had enough space, but this is way to small

so seats down, a net and 2 cover, wich also protect the doors and a big cloth to protect the bumper.

jep way to much has to take the dog with me, but this wayhe enjoys the ride too :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
put your dog in the boot then put your wife in the boot,go back half hour later see what one is happy to see you ?

melvyn

·
Registered
998 Posts
rubyscar said:

Ruby
Yes ours do, but then the trunk goes in the boot, that's a bit of a tight fit but it does keep the boot clean. T

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have a 3 year old Magyr Vizsala (Hungarian Hinting Dog). he has plenty of space in the rear of our QQ, but whilst at the dealers, I tried him in the car and although he was happy to jump in, when I closed the rear door, he looked as if he was squashed up against the back window. To add to this, I read the thread adout the two dogs being killed as a result of the car being rear ended and I cancelled my dog package on , Jule and he will ride on the back seatswith a harness and belt.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts