Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you feel sad when you say goodbye to your old cars?
My wife is full of remorse at the thought of saying goodbye to herfaithfulold Freelander on Friday when she picks up her shiny new red Juke. My daughter said her boyfriend was heartless when he sold his old car & didn't even say goodbye to it....
Personally, when I decide to change my car I seldom give the old one a thought....
What do others think?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
sad to be saying goodbye to a freelander crumps i would be glad to get shot.
no never give it a second thought but then i seem to change my car every year get bored
mind had my 206 2 years now but then thats because it owes me nothing does 60mpg and £30 year road tax whats more i hate it so dont car about it getting marked or dented so ideal runabout
Juke will be loved and cared for wow betide anyone who marks that

kids beware

·
Registered
575 Posts
Not at all sentimental about cars - change them too often.
The missus tends to get very upset though, especially her Beetle cabriolet & mini cabriolet when they went

·
Registered
367 Posts
We change ours every 2-3 yrs was very sad to see our mini go wasn't so bothered about the Yaris though as it was bought at the time more for being economical than anything else.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My Mrs recently traded her Saab convertible, it was one of the best cars we ever had, kept it 6 years. mind you we turned £30k into 4.5k trade in value :9

·
Registered
484 Posts
I feel sad for about 30 seconds.

My only hope is that it will be as reliable as the last. I previously owned a Honda Civic for 10 years that never broke down and was still on its original battery.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Yes - I will feel sad as I love my Qashqai - just dont like the petrol costs monthly for it.....

The only car I haven't felt sad about going was my mark III megane which was brand new but so full of problems that Renault bought it back off me and replaced it..... Pile of £$%t.

I broke my heart when i traded in my 11 year old Micra.... in the 88000 miles, it had never broken down, had the same battery and the only thing that was wrong was thechassis was so badly rusted it failed its mot.... away to the scrap yard in the sky

Fee x

Edited by: feefeeglasgow

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes, I feel very,very sad when I leave my old car for a px. I felt that way when I traded my Rav4 for a yaris, and now I feel sooo guilty about px'ing my lovely yaris!

However, when I drove my lovely new yaris from the garage and saw my sad little Rav4 on the forecourt - I did say a fond farewell, but in all honesty she was soon forgotten with the excitement of the new car

What can I say, I AM aware that they are only cars, but for me anyway my cars have a name and a definate personality!

So yes, I feel sad

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've had my MX5 for 6 years, I think the main reason I've had it for so long is that there were no other cars, in my price range,on the road that I preferred.

Now I've ordered my Juke, I can't wait to get it, which out weighsany sadness saying goodbye to my faithful little Mazda. All that said, I haven't actually sold it yet so will have to update you if my feelings change once I've watched someone else drive off in it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I must admit I did shed a tear or 2 when I took my car in yesterday. I couldnt go in it to the garage & followed on behind. I saw her, Betsey, go past & that was it! I know im sad, but in my defence Id had her 7 years, the longest id ever had a car for & Ive had lots of life experiences & changes since ive had her, it felt like losing my friend that had kept me safe! Silly I know, but we went through a lot, me & my Betsey Xtrail!
I think it was worse as I havent picked up my Juke yet, weve managed an early PX to get a better deal, so I left my car, but didnt get the excitement of getting my new one. The countdown has now begun!

·
Registered
754 Posts
I think its very brave to give up the part-ex without getting the Juke immediately.
My Honda Jazz is the first car I've had from new, so I'll be sorry to see it go. Can't wait for the Juke.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Nah. When you've been driving for over 35 years cars lose their appeal a bit. That's why I'm getting the Juke (6th Nov.). It's the one car in a long time that has given me pause.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts