Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

do these figures seem ok?

4K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  Maurice 
#1 ·
NISSAN JUKE 1.6 Visia (white)

£2500 deposit-------£158 per monthx36 then final figure of £6050.

#3 ·
I'd be a little cautious about the final ballon payment as well. CAP are predicting 52% resale value in 3 years, which will give you basically no equity at all. I might be wrong, but I'd suggest the Visia as the basic model will be in less demand for resale. If you're looking to keep your monthly payment down, have you considered a straight lease?
Have a look at this - lot less down and MP not very different
http://www.car-finance.net/?gclid=CMW5uISJmKQCFY1k4wodlEjlEw#2

#4 ·
scoobydoo said:
NISSAN JUKE 1.6 Visia (white)

£2500 deposit-------£158 per monthx36 then final figure of £6050.
The MGFV of £6050 is incorrect it should be £5609 which is an RV of 43.84%. however the payment should be £169.73

I would not put in a large deposit with an APR of 5.9% I would put in £500 and pay £230 a month and keep the £2000 for a rainy day

#6 ·
I'm getting mine on the PCP deal andhave bought my last 3 or 4 cars on similar deals (Ford and Nissan). It works well if you're the sort of person who only keeps a car for 2 or 3 years and is likely to buy from the same dealer again. Not sure it's such a good deal if you keep hold of the car long term or are likely to do a private sale at the end of the term.

#8 ·
ginnym said:
I'm getting mine on the PCP deal andhave bought my last 3 or 4 cars on similar deals (Ford and Nissan). It works well if you're the sort of person who only keeps a car for 2 or 3 years and is likely to buy from the same dealer again. Not sure it's such a good deal if you keep hold of the car long term or are likely to do a private sale at the end of the term.
Same here, I think it's a pretty good deal, we know how much we can afford each month and we like the peace of mind of having warranty etc. Plus get a new car every 3 years! In fact every car I've ever bought has been done this way, its very easy. Only ever lost money on my MINI which I had to sell early due to moving house the rest of our cars we've had a little bit of equity in, the Mazda we're trading in for our JUKE is our best buy yet as we have £1800 of equity left in it which makes the JUKE that little bit cheaper!

#9 ·
scoobydoo said:
Thanks when getting quotes from non dealers,they are quoting list price of the visia of £11495??how is this and would you still get the 2 years free servicing,rac etc....

The free servicing and RAC is for "participating dealers" only so non dealers probably won't offer it. It's definitely worth factoring into the overall cost, depending on how many miles you do (it's 2 years or 20,000 miles for the servicing, 3 years RAC).

#13 ·
scoobydoo said:
Ok thanks so as standard what would a non dealer offer with the car
An extended lead time, you won't see the V5 for 9 months as the vehicle will be registered to an end user that has fleet terms with Nissan, also if you are unhappy with the over-all condition of your new vehicle who will you turn to, some guy on the end of a phone that won't give a t##s

BTW the service pack on the 1.6 petrol is two years or 36,000 milesEdited by: Maurice

#14 ·
Hi Scooby.
Maurice's words are probably a little extreme, but I would check the lead times with any potential supplier. I was originally buying my car through a broker who were using westway Nissan. My car (as you can see) was delayed for a considerable time using the broker and they were talking about it being delayed till Feb next year (!). I swapped my order to a main dealer and the lead time has come forward to December even though I wasted 6 weeks with the broker.
Having said that, the standard petrols seem to be coming through pretty quickly now and some dealers have decent stock so you might get lucky.
The warranty though is with Nissan so a local dealer can't tell you to get stuffed if something goes wrong.
You won't get breakdown or servicing which is probably worth £500ish?

#15 ·
Chris is spot on , A Good Dealer will always and in my opinion righlty look after his own customer with priority over a broker etc. So will keep searching for availble cars etc.
Also a vehicle with nissan warranty on can and will be looked at by any nissan dealer so no problem there , but booking in times and availabilty of courtesy car's at busy times may be more preferential to a customer who has purchased the car from that dealer .

JOhn

#16 ·
I would always say stick with a main dealer so you won't have any troubles with warranty etc. You never can be sure these days who's genuine or not and you might save a little money in the short term but in the long term it could cost you a lot more if something goes wrong.

#17 ·
Here are the latest figures i have been given.

<DIV dir=ltr align=left>New60 PlateNissan Juke 1.6Visia5 DoorManualinSolid Paint
<DIV dir=ltr align=left>

Total cost of vehicle £11395
Deposit£1500 including VAT

35Rentals of £160.12 per month including VAT
1 final OPTIONAL balloon payment of £6553.00
APR 10.3%

Documentation Fee of £149payable with the first payment

Excess mileage charge of5.64ppm

OR
Deposit£2000 including VAT

35Rentals of £143.96 per month including VAT
APR 10.3%

OR
Deposit£2500 including VAT

35Rentals of £127.80 per month including VAT
APR 10.4%

#20 ·
I'm sure the dealers will comment, buta couplethings for me:
1) the APR is pretty high. Are you happy paying 5% more interest than you'd get from a Nissan dealer?
2)the guaranteed future value is very high. You'll have no equity in the car at the end so you'll have "wasted" your deposit in effect
3) Although the vehicle has been discounted, you're losing RAC for 3 years & 2 years free servicing.

Most Nissan dealers will knock £500 of the price so I reckon it would be worth contacting a couple and seeing what they can do or go into your local dealer with those figures and see what they can come up with. I'd be VERY wary about the high APR & especially the very high guaranteed future value

#21 ·
Looking at it,yes you are right,at the cheap on the road figure i guess it would only be beneficial if you was to but the cash outright,the dealers willbe hearing from me lol as £125 per year road tax and £237 full comp insurance for me and my wife has definately made my mind up.

#23 ·
Let's look at your 1500 deposit option, the total cost of the vehicle would be £13806.20 with no service cover and only one year RAC, and no MGFV just a ballon payment,

My option with a 500 deposit option would give you a total of 13989 allowing 400 benifit for the service pack and RAC and the total you would save is 182.80, this assumes that you pay list price for your new Juke

So it looks like I could save you some beer tokens
Edited by: Maurice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.