Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does my spec Juke have an alarm? I was told she does but I cant for the life of me work out how to test it. Followed the manual guidlines and nothing happened. I have locked her and left the window open, locked her and then given her a little shake, locked her with me inside and nothing.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh great, I was told the dig-t comes with an alarm, is it another case of the dealer being uninformed...

·
Registered
873 Posts
No, I think the DiG-T does have them. There was a delay as they needed to be retrofitted in order to stay in the same insurance group or something.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Yes the DIG-T DOES have an audio alarm. This can be tested by using the key fob to lock the car (wait about 30 seconds) and then pull the actual key out of the key fob and use that to unlock the front door. When you open the door the alarm will sound. I have done this on my Dig T

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Ian, my DIG-T is 2 wheel drive :D
do you mean the humble 1.6 NA?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I will clear this up
all DIG-T models have an alarm

this was a requirement of the insurance industry and as stormrider said this caused a delay in the delivery at the beginning as they had to be retro fitted.
the lesser specs eg diesels and normal 1.6 do NOT have alarms fitted as standard

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
meaga-byte said:
Yes the DIG-T DOES have an audio alarm. This can be tested by using the key fob to lock the car (wait about 30 seconds) and then pull the actual key out of the key fob and use that to unlock the front door. When you open the door the alarm will sound. I have done this on my Dig T
Thanks guys. When you say "pull the actual key out of the key fob" I don't have the Tekna spec so just the normal key. How do I test it with that?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
MynewJuke, i would assume prety much the same way.
Lock the car with key button but unlock the car with the key and not the button. open door and alarm should sound

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
And will the next question be : How to turn the alarm off?

Seems to be covered by the USA Manual page : Instruments and controls2-29.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thats just mean! Will give it a try tonight, and yes, ha, you know me well..."how do I turn it off????!!!" I am presuming I just press the lock button on the key fob.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
trevor3839 said:
The white ones have alarms….red ones rely on   well…being red !!!
Classic! I used this on another thread haha.

Yes, once the alarm goes off just use the keyfob to unlock the car. If that fails just push buttons on the remote and it will turn off haha

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
meaga-byte said:
MynewJuke, i would assume prety much the same way.
Lock the car with key button but unlock the car with the key and not the button. open door and alarm should sound
OK, me again! I have tried the above and still no alarm. Door just opened. I am really beginning to doubt that I have an alarm at all. Everything I have tried and nothing. I can't see any alarm sensors or anything in the car either which i have had on previous cars. Any other advice?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
We dont have motion sensors hence the lack of visible detectors.
Its pretty much just an entry alarm so it should go off when the door is opened without the use of the key fob.

MyNewJuke, you have me at a bit of a loss. Try doing it again but once you lock the car with the keyfob button, wait about 30 seconds and then try to unlock the car with the metal key (not pushing any buttons)
see if the alarm goes off then.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
or sit in lock it and then open one of the doors from inside

but if you doubt its there or working go to the dealer and ask him to explain its operation

·
Registered
873 Posts
Opening the doors from the inside won't set the alarm off, my car locks automatically when you start moving - would be a pain if the cars with alarms who had this set had the alarm go off every time they left!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Stormrider said:
Opening the doors from the inside won't set the alarm off, my car locks automatically when you start moving - would be a pain if the cars with alarms who had this set had the alarm go off every time they left!
LOL i think you have missed the plot on this one.
Deks, Your method would involve a second person since you cannot lock the car via key fob while the key is in the car :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the replys. I have tried the advice from both meaga-byte and deks, still nothing. Guess its a trip to the dealers then. I will be very impressed if they get it to go off! Edited by: mynewjuke

1 - 20 of 30 Posts