Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, I got my all singing and dancing Synapsediverter valve today via Fedex.Beutifully made unit but not one word of instructions on how to fit?While I am not panicking, my car is not due until June/July, I did read that when Rocks gets his car, heis going to do a picture install of his diverter valve. He will have my avid, undivided attention, believe me!!!Unfortunately got stitched up for customsduty. It did not help the fact that the customs cannot do their sums right and converted US Dollars to Euro incorrectly and put 20 Euro too much on the value.I shall write and complain but I do not think it will do any good, they are a law unto themselves!!rapidrc is also a proud diverter valve owner, so I expect he may have gleanedsome knowledge as well?I wait with bated breath!!!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Shame you got hit by customs, they are evil throw rocks at them!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your input Rocks37.When you wrote A + B connect to the thinner pipe, it all began to make sense!! I guess to experiment, you could vent A or B in turn to the atmosphere, to see if it makes any difference?The push and pull, I can figure from the manual, I think. I want to try pull first, so I will connect the big pipe to the side of the unit.The valve is beautifully made in my opinion, as are most things from the USA.Makes me even more impatient, waiting for my Juke Tekna Premium!!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I am very impress with mine too. I found when assembling the valve it was best to put the O-Ring in the valve then press the flange into place.Here is what Synapse said to me about the set upAbout the difference, our Synchronic technology for the BOV was designed for Pull mode. Therefore traditionally, Pull mode works best given the speed and agility of our design. Lately, because of the DV’s design, the same technology can also be used in Push mode. Although Pull mode is what we prefer for most application, Push does have its advantages under certain circumstances. But for the main difference, Pull will make the DV react a bit faster than Push mode.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Kats said:
???????????????

anyone for a vodka and tonic
You know it all makes perfect sense

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Haven't fitted yet, but got it ready to fit. What do you need to know?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
that doesn't sound right. Shoot an email to David from Synapse [email protected] he might be able to advise on the way to goLet us know what he says

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
the spinning doesn't inspire you that the unit is sealed. Let us know what David says

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Ok I fitted the DV this afternoon.
First of all lift off the engine cover

Take the two pipes off the OEM valve using some bull nose pliers

Undo the two bolts with a 10mm spanner/rachet

Assembly the Synapse Valve to your desired set up (I went for pull mode)

Mount the Synapse valve and tighten up evenly

Refit the large pipe and align the valve so the pipe has no kinks in it. Then tighten the DV collars with a 3mm hex wrench

Cut the air pipe to length and fit the 2 to 1 fitting to the small pipe

Job done

Now you can adjust the preset to your desired setting if you wish.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts