Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right then, other thread is doing its job what I would like here is just the usernames for people who are not happy with the fuel economy of their diesels, Please no follow on comments or sarcasm I merely want to get a list together so I can see exactly how many members are fed up with the lack of mpg.

If you have one that is doing what it should mention that so I can do a comparison.
Its my intention this week to forward an update direct to Paul Wilcox head of UK Nissan and te more info on situation I can give the better
thanks deks

so far I know of:
DEKS36 being dealt with </font>
FEEFEEGLASGOW finally being dealt with</font>
JAYANNLAY
NORTHENDSOUL
CAPLYN_BASS
FLYNN awaiting delivery of own car reasonably happy with loan dci</font>
DONALD999

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've done about 600 miles nowand am getting 42mpg currently, so i'm happy as its still in the 'run-in' period.

·
Registered
167 Posts
MrWhiskins said:
I've done about 600 miles nowand am getting 42mpg currently, so i'm happy as its still in the 'run-in' period.
I'm in the same possition, getting 44-46mpg but still on 1st tank of fuel - I have read others perfromance starts to degrade the longer they user the car, I'm going to log everything (miles/litres/cost) using "Road Trip LE" - handy iphone app

if my mpg takes a dive I'll happily join this campaign

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think mine is around 47mpg so not as bad as some, but I was getting similar mpg with qashqai 1.5dci so I would have expected 50+ with the juke as its lighter.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hi guys

Just so that DEKS can see who has contacted Nissan about their fuel consumption - Has anyone other than the above written to them???

and has anyone else had a response

Fee x

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Maxureb

Yes the engines are the sam - HOWEVER some of the owners of the Qashqai Club are driving vehicles which do not have the DPF fitted. Someof the cars there are older.

Some cars there are EURO IV spec - The Jukes are EURO V spec and have the new filters added

Fee x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok so mine is in with the dealer at broadstairs today, seems like a really nice friendly garage
gave me a courtesy car to use which I think is great given I didnt purchase my car from them.
One lucky thing car is black had this vision of being given a white one.
One other thing i have noticed is that if i put the key straight in mine and turn it will not start it has to be pre heated everytime, now i put this down to it being a diesel though most modern diesels I have had havent required this and the loan car I have didnt eeither that started straight off
not overly fussed about that but thought I would mention it to the dealer anyone need to do this prior to starting?
They reckon I should have mine back today which is better for me than driving down tomorrow to pick up as its another half day I will lose elsewhere but small price to pay if it sorts issues out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good luck deks.Watching with interest.Mine still terrible 40- 41 mpg.There's definitely a fault but I'm really confident we will find out what it is soon.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have had had a couple of spluttery starts in mine just recently and my MPG is around 38. So not overly happy as the advertised extra urban was considerably higher. Havent been on a major run yet and the 38mpg is almost double what I was getting from my hateful freelander. But, expected more....Everything else is absolutely spot, as my 5 year old son kindly pointed out after pressing every single button 'your car is the nuts Dad'......Yes I did do a double take, I think he has been spending too much time with his Grandad.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Autoexpress got 44.7 from the DCi on test. It's available now on the web. They seemed reasonably happy with this figure, but not over keen on the way it drove.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
K got my car from the dealer as yet no call from Nisan to discuss it
they were supposed to call me this morning but as usual havent lived up
to their promise.
Well going by readings in car and other info i have
come to the conclusion their isnt anything wrong with my car it would
appear I am not suited to the diesel and maybe I should have bought a
petrol instead. dont know if I could live with the gearbox in the
petrol one thing is for certain i am putting the car up for sale as I
have no use for a diesel that returns 30 mpg on the use I have for it
as I have said before my petrol x trail was better and we got rid
because that was poor.

Had a nice chat with the dealer who had
it in he also thinks I would be better off with a petrol but I am unsure
if I want to stay with Nissan given the experiences I have had and
also feel if I am to lose money getting rid of it why should I let
Nissan profit from it
oh well decisions decisions

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Hi deks

I have mentioned before that my dealer suggested that I would be better with the petrol due to my type of journeys,
That's why I'm convinced they are aware of the mpg issue with diesel!

Sorry you feel like selling the car

1 - 17 of 17 Posts