Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I bought my Nissan Juke back in August, pre booking it well in advance. I fell in love with it as soon as i walked into the garage ! I bought it in white and bought the full chrome pack, which was the side trims, fog light trims and side mirrors. However within three months i noticed one of the foglight trims had fallen off and the other was half off. After taking it to the garage i was made to feel as if i had pulled them off !!!!!
On inspectionI was informed that they use double sided tape to stick them on ? I am now concerned of putting it through the car wash etcbecause that does not sound a very secure way to fit them ? I wondered if anyone else has had the same problem ?
Also, has anyone found the gearstick is very stiff, i especially find it difficult changing gear from 1 to 2 and into reverse. When i took it to the garage they say its just because its a new car, but it is really hard to drive !!! I feel so disappointed as was really excited about getting this car !

Any feedback grateful x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
hi welcome to the forum yes all the chrome trims are stuck with double sided tape, no issues have come to light on this subject yet and many members have them maybe they were not fitted correctly which is why they have come off.
The 5 speed box is known to be notchy this is one of a few complaints about it if you feel you are not happy with its operation then take it back point to the dealer that you have now had it several months with no improvement.
Contact Nissan customer service aswell on the matter also bring it to someons atttention that you chrome parts are falling off and you feel its because they were not fitted correctly as their can be no other explanation
good luck

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I used the double sided tape on my bumper protector and its solid!!! - been to jet wash loads and never had a problem, as DEKS says - perhaps incorrectly fitted in the first instance - I would take it back

ALso - there have been issues with owners complaining about the "NOTCHY" gearbox - particularly between 1 and 2 - maybe a design flaw but appears to be a common grumble

Take it back to get it checked - better to be safe than sorry!!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thianks for replies, the fog trims were put back on today so we will see, my hubby taking car back next week for gear box as sick of them saying its because i am not used to driving it !!!! The car i test drove was really smooth so i know its my car playing up !!!! Ah i love it as well but its taken the shine off !

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
THey should be aware of it as loads of people have grumbled about it and Nissan do look at this site so they will be aware of the grumbles too...

All the best

Fee x

·
Registered
70 Posts
I suppose some of how you find your wee Jukes depends not only on the individual grumble of the car but also can depend on what you were driving before

i drove a 350 bhp Subaru before my Juke so even though i have nearly halved my power band, i find clutch, gear notchiness etc a dream on the Juke as driving my scoob could only be compared to breaking a wild stallion
exciting but not fun when you just want to pop to the chippy for a butty :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I drove an Audi A4 and Renault Clio, both were a dream in comparison to the Juke ! My husband has just bought a Citroen Dsi, wow that is gorgeous to drive no wonder it won car of the year ! I definately think its my juke playing up cos the test drive was so different, gonna keep on complaining till i get it sorted! i definately couldn't handle Subaru !!!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
I am not sure I contribute to the view that the gearbox loosens up after a while?A gearbox is something that should outlast the engine, no matter how many milesthe engine has done!I had a Cappuccino sports car with a "notchy" gear change from 1st to 2nd. I tried every conceivable way of changing gear, to no avail. I returned the car for inspection and it was found that the metal in ahelical cut sprocket was inferior. It was renewed and voila!! what a difference!! One wonders if there may be a similar problem with the Juke. Maybe not, but worth a thought!My Jukewill have the CVT, so the problem does not apply.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Definitely get them to sort out the gearbox. I test drove one with a notchy 1st to 2nd gear but, wasn't concerned as ordered the CVT.It is terrible that they have good boxes and bad boxes. Sounds like a quality control issue. Complain to customer service...

·
Registered
61 Posts
With all the chrome fittings etc which use tape, preparation of the surface beforehand is imperative - damp, grease, or anything other than a thoroughly clean paint surface will cause problems. The diy instructions all recommend a thorough cleaning and wipedown with alcohol swabs before doing the sticking

·
Registered
277 Posts
... as to the gearstick question being stiff ........... changing from 1st to 2nd was a bit stiff in the beginning, but maybe because it was new, as now by time it got better.
No problems with reverse.Edited by: lorrfal

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
@ popapoodle Sh'mae y Croeso
What's the Citroen like, my friend's son has been drooling over them since they launched

@ Pilgrim How many ways are there to change gear? As I have always been an automatic driver, this has me well confused, but interested, if you see what I mean.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is the gearbox issue specific to the 5 speed box or has anyone had any issues with the 6 speed manual too?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
THE only issues raised on gearbox relates to the 5 speed although as post aboves states most are fine after a few miles their has been a couple of major issues with the 5 speed box but the majority of owners seem to say its fine once its loosened up a bit

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well, I am on my second gearbox! The first one having been very notchy and finally got its self stuck in between two gears mid parking. The new one is only slightly better and is the only major thing I would change.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi

I have the 1.6 Acenta Petrol Manual, and I find the box very positive....clunky...well maybe, but it never sticks and provides a definate change action...I like it!

Duncs

·
Registered
123 Posts
BoxinDad said:
I suppose some of how you find your wee Jukes depends not only on the individual grumble of the car but also can depend on what you were driving before

i drove a 350 bhp Subaru before my Juke so even though i have nearly halved my power band, i find clutch, gear notchiness etc a dream on the Juke as driving my scoob could only be compared to breaking a wild stallion
I'm guessing I will notice quite a bit of difference between my Subaru STi and the 1.6 Juke then! I know exactly what you mean about the wild stallion - when I took my car to get assessed for the trade in the salesman commented on my car "you can feel the power". That was just him driving it around their car park!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Cat17 said:
BoxinDad said:

I'm guessing I will notice quite a bit of difference between my Subaru STi and the 1.6 Juke then! I know exactly what you mean about the wild stallion - when I took my car to get assessed for the trade in the salesman commented on my car "you can feel the power". That was just him driving it around their car park!

well obviously very different cars but, I love my Juke, got just over 1k on him now, i am getting around 37.5 combined driving, did a big run the other week and used up a full tank (452 miles for£52.00)
I reckon you will really love the Juke, but I do sometimes miss that Scooby Burble!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts