Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He I've been quite quiet lately, but I am still around and I do read as many new posts on a daily basis, but something happened to me the other day I thought I would share / get feedback on

I was sat in the juke in my local Sainsbury's carpark, waiting for the wife, when a BMW X5 pulled up along side, out jumps a kid from the back seat and dings my front drivers side wing

the dad shouts at the kid who says sorry whilst running off, whilst the dad looks at me and drives off

I grabbed his reg plate and noted the date and time before I got out of my car to find a very small dent in the top of the wing - very bloody visible if you know it's their.

anyway I figure - can't bother with insurance as to put right costs less than my excess, but I don't want this tool of a driver to get a way scott free

any alternative suggestions besides staking out sainsburys for him to leave his car unattended, climbing on his bonnet in spiked golf shoes, then doing a massive turd down the windscreen.

oops pardon le French

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
phone the police. im sure its against the law do just drive off even if neither party's want to involve the insurance?
The guy is driving a X5 make him squirm!!!!!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I had a similar thing happen to a previous car, i jumped out the car and looked at it straight away, and asked him what the **** he was doing... -- I actually ended up following the person into the shop and demanded that they get it repaired and that I wasn't using the insurance as it was in no way my fault -- there were a few choice words but the person ended up bowing down and doing it...
I'm not sure the police would actually help, it wasn't so much as an 'accident'(well it was but you know what i mean), which is what you can't leave, it's more a tackle it at the time kind of thing. I think they would advise to go through your insurance, so I think it's a stake out in Sainsburys, is it one with a Starbucks?! ;o) Really is horrid, someone has dinged one of my doors too, poor Hiro....

·
Registered
912 Posts
aaaaaaah. If he stomped off without offering a proper appology, I would have accidentaly caught my key on the side of his wing. An eye for an eye!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I had an inceident like this a few years ago & called the police on my mobile phone from the car park, they noted all the details & said they would speak to the stupid woman concerned, but, it was a private car park & my word against hers!Although in this day & age, just a thought, but, does the Sainsburys car park you were on have their own CCTV, as that may show the incident & you may then have the proof you need. Worth an ask maybe.Hope you get it sorted.
Edited by: sallyspud

·
Registered
78 Posts
Geoff, that is wrong and you know it, if it was my car, I am affraid I would just let it go. No point getting into confrontation for a small dent, although I know it IS frustrating and annoying. My advice is find a friendly mobile smart repair man and let him work his magic, should cost you about £45.

·
Registered
912 Posts
datsundealer said:
Geoff, that is wrong and you know it, if it was my car, I am affraid I would just let it go. No point getting into confrontation for a small dent, although I know it IS frustrating and annoying. My advice is find a friendly mobile smart repair man and let him work his magic, should cost you about £45.
I know it is not the thing to do, but idiots like this make you sick. If the guy concerned (in this case) knew that his child has caused the damage, then he should have at least have had the decency to appologise and offered to pay for the damage to be rectified. But what I said, makes you feel like doing this when the person who caused it runs off.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Surely you try and see if you can claim off his insurance? If they are found at fault, do you have to pay any excess? I didn't when someone drove into the back of me...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stormrider said:
Surely you try and see if you can claim off his insurance? If they are found at fault, do you have to pay any excess? I didn't when someone drove into the back of me...
insurance companies love this sort of thing, they tell you you'll pay nothing but then turn round and say its 50/50 when he makes up some story, then cos it got to the investigation stage they spend £40 putting it right then you lose your no claims - mine protected but even so

same thing happened when someone back ended me - i told the truth, he completely changed the story, plain **** lied through his teeth, they said it's just your words as no whitness and bang i get stung for being rear ended, and insurance would not push it cos they knew they couldn't guarentee a win based on the poor evidence and multiple lies if they took it to court - needless to say wont use that company again

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
i used chips away a couple of times on our rx8,good job and quotes you before job,worth a phone call

·
Registered
555 Posts
Itsprobablya good idea to get another sticky on this for decent Mobile repairers !As this could happen to anyone of us today / tomorrow , next week etc.
Anyrecommendations - please share !Got no need yet - but i bet diamonds i will soon with some of the idiots at our workplace.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've also used Chips Away when some numbnuts dinged my beloved RAV4. They were really good and, as it's their own business (franchise), are really competitive on price.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts