Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks

Took delivery of my Arctic White Dig-T with premium pack on Friday and promptly got on the road for a round trip from the Southeast to the Northeast! Absolutely delighted with the performance of the car and the Nissan Connect system! I haven't had a chance to consult the manual fully yet so thought I'd be lazy andcheckthe thoughts offellow DigT'ers on the following:
<UL>
<LI>Tyre Pressure - any thoughts on optimum tyre pressuresfor the Dig T?</LI>[/list]

<UL>
<LI>MPG - I did spend most of the journey to the Northeast in 6th gear (Eco mode) on the motorway at an average of about 80 miles per hour and I know it takes a while for the engine to settle in and start returning a decent MPG but it looks like I was only getting about 30MPG?! Do any Dig T'ers clock up a lot of motorway miles at c80miles per hour average and if so what sort of MPG can I expect once the car's broken in?</LI>[/list]

·
Registered
540 Posts
Wow an average</font> of 80 mph</font>. I hope there are no Bobbies reading this, no wait, they couldn't be bothered doing anything about it any way.
I would think if you could control your speed then 36 to 38 mpg might be possible. Doubt that there will be very much difference once ran in. Maybe a couple of mpg.

Tyre </font>pr</font>essure should be in the manual. I personally like to drive with the pressures a few PSI above the rated to allow more mpg due to less drag by the tyre contacting the road.
</font>

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CheersDougal - Ilocated the recommended tyre pressures on the inside of the door frame and the tyreswere about 4 PSI down on the recommended so whilst I don't expect any miraculous improvement on MPG hopefully the adjustments I madewill help a little (thanks for the tip on putting in a little more than the recommended pressure)

In general terms it looks like I might have to take the foot of the pedal a little but there's not much point owning a Dig-T and not making use of the 190BHP so I'll probably just reconcile myself to paying a little more for petrol each month than I'd budgeted for!

·
Registered
38 Posts
My DIG-T is doing about 25 mpg but they are only short urban trips to the office, not been on a long run yet the old QQ did 27 mpg for the same trips, for the additional performance I now get I don’t mind the extra fuel it make me smile every day.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
34 Posts
that's pretty rubbish - I get 27 from a 2.5T C30 around town- are you sure it's that bad?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes just getting 25mpg but its only done 200 miles hopefully it may improve! <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I must admit - Everyone drives differently and some more heavy footed than others so if I were you just take an average over your first month and see how things go.
Everyones routes are different too, along with flow of traffic. Try not to get too hung up about it - its early days...

The ever optimistic - (As if)

Fee x

·
Registered
22 Posts
My 1.6 Dig T only averages 30/32 in eco at moment, I kind of hope it gets betteras the engine runs in and loosens up a tad! Still it does make me smile when the foot gets heavy!!!
Robbo1

·
Registered
540 Posts
Just wanted to add: increasing the psi a little will make things rool easier but, you might see an effect in cornering. That is, it might slip out a little with less rubber hitting the road.

Experience will tell. Also, you are checking the pressures when you haven't ran the car for a while aren't you? Although, having said that, in this cold weather there will be less pressure the colder the tyres. Try and wait till you have a mild day and (say around lunch time) check the tyre pressures then. this is probably the best time to do it. Ideally you would want the ambient air temperature to be around 15 degrees C. It is a good average temperature to check the pressures.
Hope this helps if you didn't already know it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts