Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the saga, was on the road by about 5.30 this evening. Only done about 40 miles so these are very provisional thoughts. I've not actually seen my car in the light yet to make sure paintwork etc is OK - first job tomorrow am. Will post some photos when its light!

The goods:
Great driving position. Feels bigger than it is. Feel like I'm in charge on the road if that makes sense?
Nissan connect - outstanding system. Satnav, bluetooth, ipod connectivity all easy to use, sound quality very good. Love the way it all works together and the connect imports your numbers from your phone. If you're looking at a sport, change it for a premium.
The 3 driving modes - really make a difference. Eco is a touch dull, normal fine and responsive, sport is genuinely quick (and bear in mind I had a remapped Scirocco).
Handling - corners just brilliantly fora tall car. No body roll that I've noticed so far. Clings to the road. Suspension not too stiff to achieve this, but you do feel the road.
The DIG-T engine. Smooth, powerful and a great turbo.

The bads:
Boot is smaller than I remember. I'd say its Fiesta size, nothing more.
Darkened windows mean NO rear visibility all at night. It's my 3rd car with privacy glass (Kuga & Scirocco before) and first time its been so dark.
Engine note isn't great. It's a 1.6 not a 2 litre and doesn't have that growl that a bigger engined car would have. It's a tiny bit whiny.
Gearbox is probably a bit stiff at this stage, but the 6 speed feels a touch clunky. It's precise, which is nice, but not as smooth as I'd haveliked. To be fair, my last 2 cars have been DSGs so it's been a while since I drove a manual box and I thought that same about my wife's mini when I drove that.

The bads are all pretty minor. On the whole, I was beaming from ear to ear, especially when I put my foot down. If you're waiting for a DIG-T, its well worth the wait.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Finally you have smile on your face, well i am genuinely pleased for you.Your good points are exactly as I find the car, although the bad points have come up in my eyes but then they are not really bad points and thats a personal thing anyway.
Look forward to more details and pics when you can drag yourself away from it doubt it will be anytime soon.

·
Registered
309 Posts
nice one, really pleased for you! Engine sounds great...bring on 10th December!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a small update to the above. Noticed this morning that it was so dark because of some wierd cover that Nissan put over the rear windscreen

Has now been removed and its fine

·
Registered
38 Posts
Have you noticed any turbo lag? Or is it too soon to test the acceleration? What advise did the dealer give on running it in?<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is turbo lag, but it feels pretty smooth all in all. The turbo really kicks in at around 3,000 revs. I had a little play last night in sport mode and the acceleration feels really sharp. You're probably not going to win a race with a Focus RS, but it feels quicker than it is because of the car height.
Dealer didn't mention running it in, but to be honest I was told by VW years ago that modern cars don't really need running in. Their technician told me to drive it like it was stolen to loosen it up (!). I tend to just drive new cars as I would anyway so the ECU can adjust to my driving style

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sounds great cannot wait, hopefully my DIG-T is still scheduled to be at dealers on Sunday it was on Tuesday when they rang me.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope your handover is a little smoother than mine (not dealers fault who were very good)! It will be worth the wait

·
Registered
75 Posts
Pleased for you Chris. Mine is not a DIG-T, but I have gone for the premium pack and from all accounts it seems like this is worth the small amount extra.
Did you go for some weird cloaking device on your back screen

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup. Its easily missed in the dark - honest!
Its now sitting in the garage where it'll be staying

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It clips onto the window at the sides and more or less covers the back window. I saw one on the Juke in the showroom as well so was gathering it came with it? Certainly not something I ordered. I don't quite see the point

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
i knew you were going to say that its the parcel shelf its just fixed to the tailgate as oppsed to resting on in the boot, dont see how that makes a difference to rear view dont have a problem with mine. mind you haven't been out too much in the very dark of the night

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats a parcel shelf??????????? Boot is too small for that. I only just got 4 shopping bags in earlier

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
yep i agree with that think thats why its attached to the tailgate its only use as i see it is to stop people peering in the cubby hole they call a boot

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm on holiday at the end of next week and taking the Juke to Gatwick with 4 adults and a week's worth of cases in it. Well, that was the plan anyway

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
chris78 said:
I'm on holiday at the end of next week and taking the Juke to Gatwick with 4 adults and a week's worth of cases in it. Well, that was the plan anyway
I dont think so!

4 adults i was wooried about picking my parents up from the airport in the Juke decided i will have to go on my own so i can put the seat down to get 2 cases in
YOU have NO chance taxi me thinks
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hiya Chris

Glad you're happy after your wait.. That was a good report.....

It seems a pity that you're going on hols and leaving the car behind.

You might need to hire another Juke for the other 2 adults and their cases.... failing that get a roof box (Will really look pants though!!!)

Happy driving and happy holidays

Fee x

1 - 20 of 22 Posts