Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a DIG-T acenta with premium pack (apparently 1 of only 8??).

I have the final answer on if ALL Dig-T's have alarms.

The answer is YES! I managed to set mine off today.

Here is how to do it:

Get in the car, press the UNLOCK button on keyfob, wait for the car to auto lock (usually takes 30 secs), then open the driver door. Alarm will sound.

Good Luck,

BJ

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I did tell the doubting thomas last week to get in lock the door then open it and see if the alarm went off

thanks Bj for doing just that to prove it works. wasnt you trying that outside my house @0430 was it

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
haha that was me desk, only bcs u cannot lock your self inside the car with the tekna (keyless entry).
What do you mean it auto locks? Mine only auto locks for two reasons. I have unlocked the car via key fob but not open any doors in the alotted time frame and the other is when i drive off and the doors lock.
I set mine off by locking it with the fob and unlocking wit hthe key :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In fairness, u don't press the lock button, u press unlock and then have to wait for the autolock

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
my poor old brain is aching,can any one put this in plain simple talk,re,the tekna[keyless entry]

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
glencairn said:
my poor old brain is aching,can any one put this in plain simple talk,re,the tekna[keyless entry]
don't bother plain and simple. Its alarmed dont worry about it.

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I thought you couldn't lock the keys in a Tekna, so that wouldn't work unless someone outside the car locked you in

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Kats said:
I thought you couldn't lock the keys in a Tekna, so that wouldn't work unless someone outside the car locked you in
this i know,you cannot lock the keys in a tekna,

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Kats said:
This was my understanding as well. Tried to lock the doors using the keyfob but it just beeped at me because jamie had left a set of keys in the car (same day we got it so had two keys on us) Also tried to lock the car using the lil black button on the doors while the keys were inside and the car also just beeped without locking.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh u lot and your teknas!! The posting was specifically for people without tekna spec!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks a lot brownjnr! I am going to try it out tonight, i also didn't know it autolocked it you unlock it but don't open the door! Will I be hearing the sweet sound of the alarm.....???

·
Registered
104 Posts
IT WORKS!!!!

Thanks brownjnr! I successfully set my car alarm off last night!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
excellent...now we can't get screwed by our insurance companies!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
This makes me happy. It does / it does not / it does / it does not ..... At last, confirmation it does

My dig-t acenta premium (black with red interior) should be coming home with me next week, so looking to get my insurance sorted shortly - once I get my reg plate confirmed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
for all you tekna people out there. open the drivers window, then lock the car. then open the door from the insideby leaning in through the open window!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did ask on another thread did the Juke have dead locks and did not get an answer,but it isobvious from the replies on this thread the aswer is no!.If you can reach in and open the doors when the locks are on there can be no deadlocking system on the Juke.

·
Registered
152 Posts
For keyless only. Actually jonhboy, that'sincorrect if you open thewindowthen lock the car with the fob or with the button on thedoor handle then the deadlock kicks in and if you pull the handle from inside the door doesn't open.I found a better way of testing the alarm, open the window, lock the car then lean inside and pull the lever that opens the bonnet, and voila` the alarm goes off.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sorry jonhboy, got it a bit mixed up here, if you lock the car with the button on the inside of the door, armrest and then you open the door, it does trigger the alarm, however if you lock the car with the fob or the button on the outside handle, the door won't open from the inside, because of the deadlock, hope that's clear

·
Registered
152 Posts
Definetely yes, I sat in my car, lock it with the fob, tried to pull the lever inside, nothing happened, the door did not open, however if you wait until it locks the door automaticly and pull the door handle, and the door opens.

I think it's a safety feature, immagine if you sit in the car and lock yourself in, you would be trapped.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts