Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am so impressed by the car.
Picked up yesterday the 1.6 DIG-T 2WD 6 MT Tekna

Engine:
The DIG-T engine is perfect. Haven't done full rev offcourse, but you can feel the turbo getting in from 2500 rpm and it feels good. It feels actually like driving a diesel, Power hits in at low rpm's but it runs more smooth then a diesel engine. Can't wait till I have done the first 600 miles and can go al the way.
With the low power availeble at 2500 rpm, overtaking is easy without even switching gears

Starting the enige with the stop/start button is great, it turn on like a lil monster, make some more rev's and the gauges go al the way an then back. Very nice.

Only thing I find is that the engine sounds like it electric, then like a 190 hp power one.
But on the other hand it sounds really smooth. When you hit the troothle you can hear the exhaust slightly, my opinion is that the could have made that a lil more racy.

Drving:
Well first the suspension, allot of comments where on the suspension in al the test I read.
Well it feels hard and beause of the small wheel base it can feel a lil bumpy and nerveus when you're not drinving on the main roads. Actually it feel like riding a real 4x4 sometimes.
But this al disappears when you are taking the corners, this is one of the best cars I got that has this height and can take corners so smooth and fast. Feels so stable and the communication from the suspsension is perfect.

Driving highway is really nice, it's comfortable and when using the cruisecontrole it is like you can sit back a fall a sleep
Only one minor point when you are using the cruisecontrole, the display from the boardcomputer can't be shown anymore (it only shows the miles you put the cruiscontrole on)
Read the manual and there it even says the same


Eco, normal and sport are pretty good, you can really feel the diffrents, espacially between eco en sport. With eco the turbo doesn't hit in that hard, more smooth. Normal feels even quick and fast. The sport choice good on the steering and the trubo hit in hard, you can really feel ike someone pushes you.

Interior
Matrials are prefect for me, it's not a high class wrk, But it looks good, feel good and it is all done well. Leather seats are good, although they sit "grab" the body less well as they no-leather seats.
The seats are typical japanse to short on the legs part, and you can only adjust height and the back part (choice in height knee and bottoms would be nice). Heated seats but not electrical adjustments, that's a minor. But it adjusts quick and I don;t mis it.
Interior lights are missing in the back, espacially due to the designe and the privacy glass you really miss some light. When it's dark outside and you are putting something in the back, say a child seat, you can't see anything, because there is only a light above the mirror.
Als so the upperpart of the trunk is not nice to see. You see the metall part when you are in the back and look behind you.
Trunk space looks pretty small but, when you open the second part it is actually very big. And it has a nice small spare tire (don't know the english word)

You can really see the lichts on the bonnet, looks great at night

The ICON is fantastic gadget, but after one day, its nice, but I don;t use it accept for the climate control and the difrrent styles (normal, sport or eco). The g meter eco meter etc etc is nice, but actually only the passenger can watch it.

Funnt things like locking the doors automatic when driving and unlock when switching of the engine are great. Also the folding mirrors wich can be auto or manual.

Nissan connect system is not more then a upgrade tom tom with radio function to me.
Haven;t tried the usb port yet, but the bluetooth didn't work flawless yet. Kepps on disconnecting and my phone goes crazy :) have to check that out still

Overal rating form me is that this is the perfect car for me now. And can't wait to go full speed with it
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
447 Posts
nissanjukebox said:
Engine:
The DIG-T engine is perfect. Haven't done full rev offcourse, but you can feel the turbo getting in from 2500 rpm and it feels good. It feels actually like driving a diesel, Power hits in at low rpm's but it runs more smooth then a diesel engine. Can't wait till I have done the first 600 miles and can go al the way.
With the low power availeble at 2500 rpm, overtaking is easy without even switching gears
I read what you wrote, but I'm going to ignore it we chose the eco 1.6 N/A engine! even though I LOVE going fast ;)



nissanjukebox said:
Starting the enige with the stop/start button is great, it turn on like a lil monster, make some more rev's and the gauges go al the way an then back. Very nice.
I really hope the 1.6 NA does this too, I love that touch in Ferrari's etc. ;)

nissanjukebox said:
Driving highway is really nice, it's comfortable and when using the cruisecontrole it is like you can sit back a fall a sleep
Only one minor point when you are using the cruisecontrole, the display from the boardcomputer can't be shown anymore (it only shows the miles you put the cruiscontrole on)
Read the manual and there it even says the same
Do you mean the I-CON unit or the one in the middle of the intrument cluster which shows the temp/current mpg?

nissanjukebox said:
Interior
Matrials are prefect for me, it's not a high class wrk, But it looks good, feel good and it is all done well. Leather seats are good, although they sit "grab" the body less well as they no-leather seats.
The seats are typical japanse to short on the legs part, and you can only adjust height and the back part (choice in height knee and bottoms would be nice). Heated seats but not electrical adjustments, that's a minor. But it adjusts quick and I don;t mis it.
Interior lights are missing in the back, espacially due to the designe and the privacy glass you really miss some light. When it's dark outside and you are putting something in the back, say a child seat, you can't see anything, because there is only a light above the mirror.
There's an optional interior lighting kit on the Nissan configurator, I wasn't sure what this is but I bet it'd help with the lack of light in the back, I wonder if it can be retro fitted.

nissanjukebox said:
Funny things like locking the doors automatic when driving and unlock when switching of the engine are great. Also the folding mirrors wich can be auto or manual.Nissan connect system is not more then a upgrade tom tom with radio function to me.
Haven;t tried the usb port yet, but the bluetooth didn't work flawless yet. Kepps on disconnecting and my phone goes crazy :) have to check that out still
What phone do you have? Nissan Connect is pretty much just TomTom + Radio/MP3, so yea ;)



nissanjukebox said:
Overal rating form me is that this is the perfect car for me now. And can't wait to go full speed with it
Awesome that you like it fella, hope you're having fun and remember PICS! :)
Edited by: iamdabe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Great review ! Thanks...


I know most manufactures have issues with Bluetooth as there are so many phones now anddifferent modelscan be 'selective' with which audio units they talk well to..

What make and model is your phone ? I'm going to upgrade my phone when I get my car and want to know if it will be compatible with the Nissan Connect system... might start a thread for this one to get a better sample size !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
iamdabe said:
Do you mean the I-CON unit or the one in the middle of the intrument cluster which shows the temp/current mpg?


There's an optional interior lighting kit on the Nissan configurator, I wasn't sure what this is but I bet it'd help with the lack of light in the back, I wonder if it can be retro fitted.

What phone do you have? Nissan Connect is pretty much just TomTom + Radio/MP3, so yea ;)

Awesome that you like it fella, hope you're having fun and remember PICS! :)

Thanks,

Indeed the one in the middle of the cluster, the orange display

I got a HTC phone, someone advised me to do a software update.

Tonite I am gonna try again how and if it works.

Interior light kit is a musthave, so for the people who can get that, do it.
Don;t have any idea if it can be retro fit.
Otherwise I'll mount something from myself
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
5523_Juke said:
Great review ! Thanks...


I know most manufactures have issues with Bluetooth as there are so many phones now anddifferent modelscan be 'selective' with which audio units they talk well to..

What make and model is your phone ? I'm going to upgrade my phone when I get my car and want to know if it will be compatible with the Nissan Connect system... might start a thread for this one to get a better sample size !
Well for what I know is that this is a big problem, espacially with all the smart phones.
If Nissan says is does work, problem is with the phone, problably the company from wich the phone is will say it's the car
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
447 Posts
Thanks for the reply NissanJukeBox ;) I too have a HTC Phone, an old HTC Diamond which is Windows Mobile 6.5.3, I know I've had problems with connecting to bluetooth hands free kits before so I don't hold out much hope.

I know what you're saying about vendors pointing blame, usually it's where the manufactures deviate from the bluetooth profile spec, 99% of the time it's usually the phone's fault in my experience. Some phones are just not compatible and the manufactures don't want to update them to be compatible.

Which HTC do you have? is it Android?

Wonder why it's so important to have the time you've been using cruise control take over the cluster read out... bizarre move by Nissan ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Congratulations with your beautiful Juke with leather interior, it is obviously one of the first non-dealer registered ones in the Netherlands (my dealer even has no demo yet). I am a bit puzzled about your comment concerning the suspension. Does it feel hard compared to any car, or just compared to your Primera?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PlannedObsol said:
Congratulations with your beautiful Juke with leather interior, it is obviously one of the first non-dealer registered ones in the Netherlands (my dealer even has no demo yet). I am a bit puzzled about your comment concerning the suspension. Does it feel hard compared to any car, or just compared to your Primera?

I feels hard compared to any car I think. well it not hard, but it's more as in stiff.
Also beacuse of the short wheelbase, compared with a Primera)

(als ik in het nederlands kan praten: het is wat stijver en het deinst totaal niet)


My primera was lowerd with spring only and the one I had before was lowerd with coils (10 cm) so that was bumpy and hard
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
Excellent photos - I especially like the picsof the black leather seats showing the red stitching.

(Autocar have just tested the 1.6 Turbo on UK roads.
They mention the dynamic flaws/hard ride/fidgety feeling
but otherwise they seem to like it)


http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/FirstDrives/Nissan-Juke-1.6T-Tekna/253007/

AUTOCAR

<H3>What’s it like?</H3>


It’s certainly no full SUV. This test Juke is a front-wheel-drive model with road tyres, but at 1300kg and 1570mm it’s still heavier and taller than something sporting ought to be.


So it seems to me that Nissan has done the obvious thing to get it to display some dynamism, and made it hard. Too hard.


I checked the tyre pressures after a drive, just in case they were massively overinflated. They were fine. The ride, forever fidgety, is not so. On the road it reminded me a bit of an early Toyota RAV4 or a tall current Honda Civic. Sophisticated in feel it ain’t.


The firmness means body control is tight and there isn’t too much roll, but while the electrically assisted steering is respectable (albeit largely mute), traction is poor, especially in the wet, where the front washes out easily.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
KevInJuke said:
Excellent photos - I especially like the picsof the black leather seats showing the red stitching.

(Autocar have just tested the 1.6 Turbo on UK roads.
They mention the dynamic flaws/hard ride/fidgety feeling
but otherwise they seem to like it)


http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/FirstDrives/Nissan-Juke-1.6T-Tekna/253007/

AUTOCAR

<H3>What’s it like?</H3>


It’s certainly no full SUV. This test Juke is a front-wheel-drive model with road tyres, but at 1300kg and 1570mm it’s still heavier and taller than something sporting ought to be.


So it seems to me that Nissan has done the obvious thing to get it to display some dynamism, and made it hard. Too hard.


I checked the tyre pressures after a drive, just in case they were massively overinflated. They were fine. The ride, forever fidgety, is not so. On the road it reminded me a bit of an early Toyota RAV4 or a tall current Honda Civic. Sophisticated in feel it ain’t.


The firmness means body control is tight and there isn’t too much roll, but while the electrically assisted steering is respectable (albeit largely mute), traction is poor, especially in the wet, where the front washes out easily.
nice one.

I really like the seat, how ever they are a lil to short for long legs. The leather looks pretty good to, hope it does better then what nissan normaly use
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top