Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the Juke on a rolling road today, it made 212.5 BHP at the flywheel

DiG-T with no performance modifications


Sport Mode




Edited by: Mez
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,082 Posts
and the base line at the back wheels is low? Something isn't right there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
insanojackson said:
modified or inaccurate dyno or conversion calculation?



The Juke is totally standard-running on V Power.

With motoring journalists reporting that the Juke feels much quicker than its official 0-60 time of 8 seconds, I was intrigued to see what the DiG-T was really producing.

Agreed, variables can affect Dyno results and are best used to measure the performance gains of modifications by comparing before and after data on that particular vehicle.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>

However, it is not uncommon for modern turbo cars to achieve better than advertised BHP. Nissanjukebox’s DiG-Tmade 217 BHP (with a k&N filter),on a hub Dyno. Before its remap, my old 130 BHP Fabia vRS made 143 BHPon Tescos diesel and a binding brake LOL - while most were around 150 BHP!TSI engines also produce more than quoted.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
I have no reason to doubt Starperformance or the accuracy of their rolling road. They are a highly regarded award winning independent Audi VW group tuner.

<H1 style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify; MARGIN: auto 0cm"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">“The MAHA All Wheel Drive Dynamometer is arguably the best, most accurate automotive performance tester in the world today. It is the choice for many automobile manufactures for development and final testing at the factory”.[/I]</H1>
<H1 style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify; MARGIN: auto 0cm">
<H1 style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; MARGIN: 5pt 0.75pt">The owner is impressed with the Juke’s engine; he is going to investigate its tuning ability....if he finds anything he will post it on his web-site. I mentioned that he would be on to a winner even if he could import a few Stillen exhausts!<O:p></O:p></H1></H1>
<H1 style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify; MARGIN: auto 0cm"></H1>


<O:p></O:p>Edited by: Mez
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,082 Posts
Keep us posted mez
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
its defo quicker than 8 secs...i have had mine to 60 in less than 7...I have to admit that the launch can be a bit jerky tho at full throtle Edited by: brownjnr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
the 1.4tsi engine in my scirocco is meant to be 160hp however alledgedly most of them put out about 180hp, i am not convinced however my car doesnt feel 40hp slower than my previous type r. This might also explain when i got a bluefin remap to a supposed 197hp i couldnt really feel any difference and as a result got my cash back
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
brownjnr said:
its defo quicker than 8 secs...i have had mine to 60 in less than 7...I have to admit that the launch can be a bit jerky tho at full throtle
Is this an accurate 0-60 test? Have you had any modifications?

If it's true, it will keep up with a Golf GTi, Polo GTi,RenaultSport Clio200, Fabia VRs (petrol,2010+)and a few other hot hatches. That would be impressive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, the Jukedoes feel quicker than quoted (and widely reported so) and it’s probably about asaerodynamic as a London bus! With respect to handling it’s not a serious performance car, and to be fair, was probably never meant to be. Cars like the Type R & Clio Sport are fast road / track focused cars. You may be able to keep up in a straight line, however on a twisty road you may end up in a field

From the dyno results above, my standard Juke achieved 165 bhp at the wheels, which I believe is slightly higher than a Type R (think they're155 – 162bhp at the wheels). So, although the high engine output, there is a fair loss through the transmission.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Edited by: Mez
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,082 Posts
A guy in the states has the stillen exhaust and the Injen CAI and he just had it dyno'd and has 195 at the back wheels
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Mez said:
With respect to handling it’s not a serious performance car, and to be fair, was probably never meant to be. Cars like the Type R & Clio Sport are fast road / track focused cars. You may be able to keep up in a straight line, however on a twisty road you may end up in a field
Indeed it was never designed for that market. I've driven the RS Clio 200 and I thoroughly enjoyed it, you can put your foot down going round corners/roundabouts and not feel a thing, in the Juke you'd feel like you were going to topple!
However, what it loses in handling it more than gains in comfort. A lot of high performance handling cars feel like your backside is touching the floor. In this respect, the Juke feels like a great comprimise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wingman said:
Mez said:
With respect to handling it’s not a serious performance car, and to be fair, was probably never meant to be. Cars like the Type R & Clio Sport are fast road / track focused cars. You may be able to keep up in a straight line, however on a twisty road you may end up in a field
Indeed it was never designed for that market. I've driven the RS Clio 200 and I thoroughly enjoyed it, you can put your foot down going round corners/roundabouts and not feel a thing, in the Juke you'd feel like you were going to topple!

However, what it loses in handling it more than gains in comfort. A lot of high performance handling cars feel like your backside is touching the floor. In this respect, the Juke feels like a great comprimise.


Totally agree

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Some useless info: Renault is considering the DiG-T engine for a future Clio Sport.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top