Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at Autotrader online it seems that I can see 2 differentgear levers depending on the cars I look at, am I going mad?

This is only for the "auto" versions.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yep, 2WD have CVT trasmission, 4WD have the same trasmission, but in addiction you can select 6 manual gears, only they are 6 virtual gears since there are actually no cogs in the CVT.

·
Registered
63 Posts
yep.. We have the CVT Stage four.. or is that five stages, Which means we can run AWD, AWD (Traction control), 2WD and 2WD (Traction Control), thevariablestage.. Only where is needs it. it's like, We are ready for anything.. Just wish we had our second set of tires..

Just as long as you have the CVT transmission, 2WD or AWD.. your good to go.. just make sure you get what your paying for.. some are lead to believe they have the AWD system when in fact its only the 2WD system.Edited by: JukeAttitude

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, actually Juke I agree, this morning I made my Nescafe with cold water.................

·
Registered
754 Posts
12Inchmick said:
And Low gear for downhill in the snow.
12inch
L doesn't work well in the snow - I tried and skidded!
Its fine when you are trying to start off in the snow and can't get a grip. L stops it trying to get too much of a grip and allows the car to move, but I wouldn't recommend driving further in L.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Being an automatic fan, I can confirm that you should use 'L' to help bring the speed down when driving in the snow and the car seems to be getting ahead of you and also when first setting off, then change to 'D' when you have some momentum. (Does that make sense???).Just remember not to REV-UPPP in 'L' in the snow and ice, you should hardly need to touch the accelerator, let the gear do the work...

·
Registered
796 Posts
To get the Low ratio to work as it should in the snow whilst going downhill, you would need snow tyres (not all weaher tyres), and it would reduce the danger of sliding.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts