Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am delighted with my White Nissan Accenta 1.5dciwith premium pack...BUT... the quoted fuel consumption figures are so far off the mark.Does anyone else feel the same ?

I've covered 2500 miles on a regular 110 mile return journey nothing over 75 miles per hour with first and final 10 miles being in town the all the other miles are all dual carriageway.I've tried the gimmicky drive modes but cannot get more than 41 to the gallon.

Ithebrochure and showroom staff promise47-53 range.Please don't tell me to wait until it's got thousands more on the clock.

(My other car a Peugeot 3008 with same bhp and miles covered does an easy 50mpg and it's bigger and heavier)

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I think you will find theres a few of us here who are of the same mind as you.

I have only managed to get max 390 miles from the tank - This current tank is showing 215 done and only 110 to go before I have to refill. We will have to calulate though at next fill up.

It is a vast deterioration from my no DPF 1.5 Diesel Qashqai which had same engine and was a bigger heavier car but it was pre DPF. I am begininning to think its the drive for lower emissions that has affected the fuel consumption.

I had great MPG 61 from my initial motorway stints but now getting 51MPG
Town driving was in the 40s - has now dropped to 32MPG

It is pants but I am still better than I was with my petrol Qashqai

I'm with you on that for sure!!!

Have done 2.5K

Fee x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
well I too agree and I am well un impressed with fuel consumption currently my car is still under 1000 miles so i havent done anything in regards to complaining also in part due to low distance covered on each Journey but computer reading for this tank load is at a currently staggering 28.7 mpg I need to run it on a distance run this week so will see what it reutrn then but I am not hopeful.
This car is way under the petrol Micra auto we part ex in and now I am seriously beginning to wish I had opted for petrol CVT as it would appear this is returning nearly the same mpg.

I would be interested to know if their is any course of action a large group of owners could take against Nissan for it some what misleading figures.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I am more than willing to get my head together with a group but i think here needs to be more of 3 of us!!!! - "The Diesel 3"
I do think though that any owners willing to approach Nissan need to keep accurate records and copies of diesel receipts etc to show whats going on.

In any case - surely the engine management system keeps all the data stored somewhere..
Fee x

·
Registered
659 Posts
Yes, 41 mpg is poor. I drive very conservatively and that's what I'm getting. Before the snow I'd got 44 but I'm struggling to improve. Done about 1500 miles. I'm not too pleased either.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Well it looks like we will have to get a large group together and see what action we can take if any of course.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you understand how they get the official consumption test you will see how by the nature of a diesel engine you will not acheive the figures quoted.... here is the extract from the VOSA website
FUEL CONSUMPTION TEST (Directive 80/1268/EEC as amended by 2004/3/EC)The new test has been agreed internationally and provides results that are more representative of actual average on-road fuel consumption than previous tests. There are two parts: an urban and an extra-urban cycle. The test cycle is the same as that used to determine the official exhaust emission classification for the model of vehicle in question.The cars tested have to be run in and must have been driven for at least 1,800 miles (3,000 kilometres) before testing.Urban cycle
The urban test cycle is carried out in a laboratory at an ambient temperature of 20°C to 30°C on a rolling road from a cold start, i.e. the engine has not run for several hours. The cycle consists of a series of accelerations, steady speeds, decelerations and idling. Maximum speed is 31 mph (50 km/h), average speed 12 mph (19 km/h) and the distance covered is 2.5 miles (4 km). The cycle is shown as Part One in the diagram below.Extra-urban cycle
This cycle is conducted immediately following the urban cycle and consists of roughly half steady-speed driving and the remainder accelerations, decelerations, and some idling. Maximum speed is 75 mph (120 km/h), average speed is 39 mph (63 km/h) and the distance covered is 4.3 miles (7 km). The cycle is shown as Part Two in the diagram below.Combined Fuel Consumption Figure
The combined figure presented is for the urban and the extra-urban cycle together. It is therefore an average of the two parts of the test, weighted by the distances covered in each part.In my experience a average driver will get the combined cycyle plus 10% as a rule of thumb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts