Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
""to be frank its something we are all going to have to get used as the euro emissons laws get ever tighter for all vehicles unless the manufacturers develop a total problem free solution ""

100% agree with this - but I still think that the dealers/maunfacturers should be more forthcoming with info on how the DPF can be detrimental unless you are aware of what it is/does - and also that your driving habits are suited to a diesel.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
steve_lj said:
""to be frank its something we are all going to have to get used as the euro emissons laws get ever tighter for all vehicles unless the manufacturers develop a total problem free solution ""

100% agree with this - but I still think that the dealers/maunfacturers should be more forthcoming with info on how the DPF can be detrimental unless you are aware of what it is/does - and also that your driving habits are suited to a diesel.
totally agree

·
Registered
484 Posts
I hope people don’t suffer with DPF problems. The better half and I are big diesel fans, we love the performance, economy & running costs etc. We own a pre DPF QQ 1.5 dCI and a Fabia vRS 170 TDI, again pre DPF.
The DPF technology is ‘in theory’ very good but for me, I’ve decided I’ll require a little more convincing about the operation & reliability before I buy a car fitted with a DPF. I really don’t need the hassle of turning up for work mid- regen or limping back to the dealer with a choked DPF etc.

Having said that, I wouldnever of bought my vRS if I’d of read about all the turbo failures beforehand, and it’s been 100% reliable... so far! Hurry up DiG-T!! <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>Edited by: Mez

·
Registered
443 Posts
steve_lj said:
Juke-of-earl said:
It has its own injector.No.additives are used
So are you saying that diesel is post dosed into the exhaust stream to raise the temp ???
If thats the case them i'm even more sure I made the right choice in getting a petrol. Mazda have used this on the 5/6 series - have been some disasters - have a look on the forums.
Well were talking Nissan and it works well on Note and QashI so its not a new system to JUKE.
Mazda just didn't get it right .
I'd of gone the dIesle route if the wait had been the same . We don't do any mileage 10k a year but I like the grunt the k 9 k gives you on the 50 70 mph acceleration .
Ok its more but going to have a higher trade in value too .

·
Registered
110 Posts
Juke-of-earl said:
steve_lj said:
Juke-of-earl said:

So are you saying that diesel is post dosed into the exhaust stream to raise the temp ???

If thats the case them i'm even more sure I made the right choice in getting a petrol. Mazda have used this on the 5/6 series - have been some disasters - have a look on the forums.
Well were talking Nissan and it works well on Note and QashI so its not a new system to JUKE.
I'd of gone the dIesle route if the wait had been the same . We don't do any mileage 10k a year but I like the grunt the k 9 k gives you on the 50 70 mph acceleration .

So how exactly does the DPF work then - is it by overfuelling ??

·
Registered
443 Posts
The system on the K9K has an DPF injector (its not like the ones used in the engine)just before the DPF.It squirts fuel in Just before the DPF. There are systems to control the fuel flow, heat generated etc, so it does not over heat,or become to cool.So you don't have to thrash down the road or loses performance.
We have never done what they call a "service regen" on any of the diesels fitted with this system ever,so it works
Other manufactures are still using the over fueling system,but its days are numbed and they are probably pulling apart a Qashqai as I type.
. Edited by: Juke-of-earl

·
Registered
443 Posts
The main thing we,well the wife(who wanted the diesel), found with our X trail diesel was that in the 3 miles to or from work the heater never got warm enough,it was too noisy when cold.Thats why we switched to petrol.
On the stop start journeys it wasn't that wonderful on flue,Now with the extra cost per liter its not that much difference in running costs.
The mrs feels it is a far more pleasant experience to fill with petrol than an oily and smelly old diesel pump.
Off the line ,in town (UP TO 30 MPH honestly officer
) the petrol just leaves a turbo diesel in its wake.
So the petrols are better if you do low mileage short trips.
Come to think of it I should have waited till next Donkey foaling season for a diesel as then I might get to drive it to work every now and then "just to clear it out love".

·
Registered
484 Posts
Juke-of-earl said:
steve_lj said:
Juke-of-earl said:

Is theDPF regen system a Nissan or Renault design?

·
Registered
484 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
One thing I am really interested in is How quickly the windscreen demists on the JUKE.
During the winter my QQ is a nightmare (my petrol clears quicker than the diesel) and I have to keep a window squeegee in the car to scrape all the excess moisture off.
Anyone had to demist the inside of their jukes windscreen yet??
Fee x

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got rid of a X-Trail 170 diesel earlier this year because of DPF problems; it was especially bad during the winter when we had a lot of snow & ice even though I have a 15 mile daily commute including 10 miles dual carriageway. It was frustrating driving up & down the road for 20 mins in 3rd/4th gear waiting for the DPF light to go out.
I think most manufacturers who have fitted DPF have had problems. The biggest problem for me is you never know when a regeneration has failed; by the time the warning light comes on you are left with no choice but to take action; tough if you are stuck in a 30 mile jam on the M1, or lugging a caravan around on some remote scottish island with single track roads as some poor X-Trail owner discovered a year or so ago.
My advice is do your homework on any potential DPF problems before you place your order. A lot of DPF equipped diesel cars on the road are not suitable for urban motoring.... especially the older 'urbanproof' 2.0 diesel Quashqai's... ironic isn't it?

I now have a 2.0 petrol Accord Tourer, & my wife's Juke is petrol too.

·
Registered
142 Posts
new petrol engines are so much more efficient unless you do mega mileage you will never get back the extra outlay for a diesel

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
simps said:
new petrol engines are so much more efficient unless you do mega mileage you will never get back the extra outlay for a diesel
whats with this you will never get back the extra outlay myth
dont forget come sale time the diesels will command more than the petrol
as will higher spec so you will get it back then

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm less than convinced any more, have a look on autotrader and you find the petrols and diesels all mixed in, again big mileage makes a difference in diesel's favour, spec's do make a small difference but £1,000 worth of extras might bring you £200 back in 3 years

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
only time will tell
end of the day i am happy with my diesel purchase
you are happy with your petrol

out of my last 3 cars which were all petrol 2 would have been far easier to sell had they been diesels
I would admit i am quite amased at the number of petrol Juke's being sold and I may end up regretting paying the extra for Diesel

·
Registered
142 Posts
if there was a higher output diesel it would have probably been my choice, I don't understand why they do a 190hp petrol but not a "sporty" oil burner
My last 5 cars have been diesel and I love the easy drive, but just need the extra umph to get past tractors and combines etc on country roads or even single carriageway A roads... that what you get for living in the butt end of nowhere I guess

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
simps said:
if there was a higher output diesel it would have probably been my choice, I don't understand why they do a 190hp petrol but not a "sporty" oil burner
My last 5 cars have been diesel and I love the easy drive, but just need the extra umph to get past tractors and combines etc on country roads or even single carriageway A roads... that what you get for living in the butt end of nowhere I guess
I know what you mean my 1.4hdi isabsolutely gutless cannot overtake anything on single carriage way as their isnt one long enough to do it on hope the Juke is slightly better but hey got used to it now

21 - 40 of 46 Posts