Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank god i came across this forum before getting a diesel. I am looking for diesel juke simply because im a driving instructor and do lots of miles, not motorway miles i might add.Over the last 6 years ive owned many different diesel cars all brand new from companies like BSM, AA, red and went private and got an astra. I notice after 10K miles thats when i really notice a difference in my MPG. My astra 1.9 diesel gave me 52mpg 150hp engine without a tuning chip.
If your still not getting the mpg u would like from your juke then why not invest in a diesel tuning chip? Ive had it in my astra for 2 months and its the best investment ive done. Yes dont tell nissan cos it will void ur warranty, but u will see a difference in your mpg.
If your juke is under 10k give it time, run it in, after ur first service u will notice a difference.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Chris, I agree with your comments re waiting for 10 K miles before expecting really good mpg - at 6k on my clock I`m happy with how its progressing.
I have seen a switch-able tuning box for around £190, which could easily be removed before service dates - am, very tempted ! I bought the Diesel mainly for the extra torque as I tow a trailer, but enjoy the mpg also.
The only thing I do notice is turbo lag when driving hard between gears.. Was hoping the Tuning box may also improve this

Nick.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go for it. I've always gone for a DTUK tuning chip for my other cars, Its more pricy but I trust them more then any other. I'm in Nissans now in mill hill. A new acenta for £11995 plus £400 for metallic.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sounds favourable.. The 5 speed box in the petrol models isn`t as slick as the 6 speed on the diesels - many owners have noticed. A 6 speed would have been ace in a 1.6 petrol
, but hey ho..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've just taken the 1.6 for a test drive. It's not bad. It's hard to find a Nissan in London to test drive a diesel. Im assuming the clutch in the diesel has much more torque. I'm a lazy driver and never use gas when I pull off that's why I stalled the petrol in the yard lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would strongly advise against any chip or ECU mods. Seen it so many times before and the odd one or two will fail and cause all sorts of damage to your engine. No warranty will cover that. It's not worth the risk in my opinion. You are right about the engine improving as the miles go on though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do understand what u mean about no dealer will not fix any problems if u have the chip, but if u take it out thats fine and ur car is under warranty for 3 years. Ive never held on to a car for more then 3 years as i top up to many miles. Ive used diesel tuning chips in all my diesel cars and touch wood they have been gr8, but like u said i have heard many stories on the damages to engines and gear boxes too.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's not always as simple as just taking the chip out. I understand that you would need a whole new ECU unit, sounds expensive to me. The only people I would trust to chip or remap my car are Nissan, with an approved, vehicle specific, warrantable kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts