Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Juke 1.5dCi Acenta Premium In White now since Nov 18th and have now started to get a knocking noise from what seems to be the engine bay about just over 1000rpm more noticeable when cold it does vanish when engine goes above this but very annoying. any body with similar problem.... what is it????

Edited by: [email protected]

·
Registered
329 Posts
I thought that was the normal sound of an oil burner??

No seriously, could be a fuel starvation issue / dodgy fuel?
- this is normally the cause of diesel knock.

Try premium fuel for the next tankful or 2. If it doesnt improve, off to the Dealer Im afraid!

andy

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I've had the K9K engine in 4 cars to date and must admit this car is by far the noisiest of the lot although its not concerning me.... If you do take it to dealer and do find anything untoward please let us know what the issue was.

all the best !!!

Merry Christmas!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
443 Posts
The k9k is noisy in cold weather.its all to do with emission and advancing the injection timing and egr.
.ask for a. cold start check to be sure.
Remember we can't comment on a cold start noise I'd you bring in a car thats already warm.Your be surprised how many people do that.
Fee I think the YD 22 is noisyer than k9k.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Had the same myself & lived with it for 2000 miles then took it to the dealers who found some heater hoses knocking together, it was worse when it was cold & better on a run , worse again in town stop start driving. They had it two days ,now right as rain what a differance to drive its a pleasure but hated it before,think they have had quite a lot back in for repair with this problem cheers Richard

·
Registered
27 Posts
You've probably sorted it by now but takea look at the post titled "Diesel Noise - Good to know and about vibration" There's a reason they are noisy when cold. And I had a simliar vibration noise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts