Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have only done 50 miles so their are a few owners better placed than me to report.
I have been using it in eco mode pulls like a train, loads of torque and fine on acceleration.
6 speed box is precise and smooth no notchyness at all, car has far more grunt and power than the petrol I test drove. I was worried for a while I had maybe purchased the wrong car, fuel wise but now I have it I know it was the right choice.
Suspension is firm but I like it, handles well goes where i point it, easy to manovere. camera scares the life out of me waiting or the bang.
Everything works fine Connect system is great, set everything up easily only thing I haven't mastered yet is Satnav, read somewhere here someone asking about input of info so will read up on that as I put in postcode but wouldnt allow me to add door number or streetname but as I am unlikely to use it much I wont waste too much time on it yet. Phone connected easily and works fine
For the first tiem ever i loaded all my music from my sound system onto a usb pen and plugged it in to car works great all albums stored individually
So car is great I am so pleased I bought it turns heads everywhere I go, got loads of get and go plenty of power for me easy to overtake when needs must

·
Registered
575 Posts
Thanks for the review, deks. Especially good to hear you like the 6 speed box as I didn't think much of the 5 speed when I had a test drive

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hi Deks

Thanks for your thoughts on the diesel.... Glad youre happy

Has anyone noticed though just how annoying the voice on the satnav is.... -I had to turn it off - drove me mad, would prefer Rolf Harris

Fee x

·
Registered
575 Posts
Can you change voices like on the tomtom?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I can't wait to get mine now, still 6 weeks away.

·
Registered
25 Posts
hi I have been driveing my 1.5dci tekna all weekend and it is brilliant I have done 148 miles on a quater of a tank of fuel so cheap to run comperd to my last two cars.cant wait for next weekend for some more driveing.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Yep - me too - filled car up on Thursday - have done 220 miles and not even quarter of a tank used.

Oh - I only had to put £42.00 in to fill up tank - RESULT!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mine came with a full tank haven't done enough miles yet to gauge its consumption although the dash read out isnt that good 30mpg around town

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok this may be my last imput on the car as wife takes posession of it Saturday back to the ropey 206 for me.

Anyhow i walk out my door and look at a mini SUV good to look at funky and modern. I get in start up and drive off,response from the turbo diesel is excellent plenty of grunt,torque and useful amount of power,I was a little worried on the power front as i have a 1.4 hdi that is useless and some concerns were raised to cars capabilities, but i need not have worried it has plenty of go and can easily overtake the geriatric driver or tractors I come across daily.

What does surprise me given the style of vehicle is how well it handles corners like its on rails and goes exactly where i point very impressed with the handling much better than I anticipated. Of course to some this comes at a price that being the firm ride but I however am not bothered by that. I dont understand the reports on numb steering maybe its me but i have no issues on that front i can feel it and fell confident in my every manoavre. The six speed box is great perfect in every way precise smooth and easy to operate.

In truth i haven't yet found a downside other than the hidden rear door handles as i keep going to the normal position to open the rear door and my daughter cant reach to open herself.
All in all I love this car to bits and am really pee'd off that I have to hand over to the wife next week.

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
659 Posts
I find the steering fine. I too keep looking for the rear door handles! Four wheels at 4 corners makes it very manoeuvrable.

Small fuel tank. Haven't looked it up but it takes way less than my Polo did. Good to sit nice and high and climb up into it. Very quiet for a diesel.

·
Registered
575 Posts
deks36 said:
ok this may be my last imput on the car as wife takes posession of it Saturday back to the ropey 206 for me.

Anyhow i walk out my door and look at a mini SUV good to look at funky and modern. I get in start up and drive off,response from the turbo diesel is excellent plenty of grunt,torque and useful amount of power,I was a little worried on the power front as i have a 1.4 hdi that is useless and some concerns were raised to cars capabilities, but i need not have worried it has plenty of go and can easily overtake the geriatric driver or tractors I come across daily.

What does surprise me given the style of vehicle is how well it handles corners like its on rails and goes exactly where i point very impressed with the handling much better than I anticipated. Of course to some this comes at a price that being the firm ride but I however am not bothered by that. I dont understand the reports on numb steering maybe its me but i have no issues on that front i can feel it and fell confident in my every manoavre. The six speed box is great perfect in every way precise smooth and easy to operate.

In truth i haven't yet found a downside other than the hidden rear door handles as i keep going to the normal position to open the rear door and my daughter cant reach to open herself.
All in all I love this car to bits and am really pee'd off that I have to hand over to the wife next week.
So trade the Pug in and become a 2 Juke family

I understand the waiting times are good

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[/QUOTE]

So trade the Pug in and become a 2 Juke family

I understand the waiting times are good
[/QUOTE]

I have thought about it sadly the maths doesnt add up otherwise I would

·
Registered
277 Posts
thanks for the feedback Deks ........... and good to know that the 6 speed gearbox is smooth, as some reviews I read described it as cranky.

What I might not like about the car is the opening handle of the rear doors ......... are you finding them comfortable to open?

In my opinion the door handle should have been designed to open from left to right and not the other way round.................. it just looks like you have to twist your wrist to open it.
Just my opinion anyway.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If I can my two pence worth to the drive report.Had my Juke diesel since tuesday and I must say I too am well chuffed. The car is far quicker than I anticipated, I too was worried about not having enough power with a 1.5dci but in fairness I havent been left wanting at any stage.You do have to 'stir' the gearbox about a bit to get a rewarding drive. But that for me just adds to the positive experience. 80 feels like 100. Handling is superb, really sporty and responsive. Would like slightly firmer steering but thats not really an issue worth worrying about.All in all the car has far exceeded all of my expectations. Couldnt be happier.Plus the amount of heads it turns is phenomenal. And all this for 16.5k, bargain....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Reading your comments about the diesel just makes me more impatient, I just hope that the date I have been given does not change, even though I was told by my dealer last Friday that it hasn't. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
39 Posts
You know I have spent the last few weeks worrying that the deisel was the wrong option. Possibly mainly because of the wait.. Which has just been extended.Your little right no matter how biased has just put the biggest smile on my face and means I am now even more gutted that I have to wait till Mid December to get my hands on Mine....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts