Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 6 months of waiting my delivery was finally booked in for this afternoon.....

I just get a call from the dealership that my car hasn't yet arrived, even though the order system is saying delivery was due on the 9th. So the salesman finally gets hold of dealer support who advise him that due to the recent bad weather in the North, even though my car is built they could not carry out the final checks and move the car off to the compound for collection.

Therefore these final checks still need to be done and transport allocated, but due to the 2000 vehicle backlog and impending bad weather they dont know when that will be (withina week has been estimated by Nissan)

So now its a waiting game - I'm going to get an update on Thursday.

So....anyone with a delivery due might well have the same problem judging by the number of cars that are in the backlog.

·
Registered
210 Posts
My delivery was suposed to be the 8th after speaking to NCS last week they have said delivery will now be by 15th, dealer hasnt yet phoned to say the car is there so im assuming its not been delivered yet
Im going to leave it till Thursday then give dealer and NCS another call. Trouble is with bad weather forcast for the end of this week God knows when we wil see them, cant do much about it were in the lap of the weather gods.

·
Registered
199 Posts
gutted for you's bit of a bonus living near durham for me, not too far away from the nissan factory so i got mine on the date the dealer gave back in october, its worth the wait...

·
Registered
455 Posts
theguru said:
gutted for you's bit of a bonus living near durham for me, not too far away from the nissan factory so i got mine on the date the dealer gave back in october, its worth the wait...
Do you think buying froma dealer near the Nissan factory is an advantage?
At the time of the Juke launch, some of us went to the Sunderland factory, but there were no Jukes for us to drive at the factory and the nearest dealership with a Juke to drive was over 100 miles away.

Petch's in Durham (just down the raod from the factory) didnt get their first Display Juke until several weeks AFTER the first Juke hadarrived at some dealerships in the Midlands and the South of England - it was as though the Jukes for the furthest awaydealers had left the compoundfirst.

Have a read through this forum and you'll see that almost everyonewho has waited for their Juke seems to agree it's worth waiting for
Edited by: KevInJuke

·
Registered
26 Posts
Living next to the factory is no help, the delivery of mine has also been delayed due to adverse weather conditions even though the snow has been clear for over a week now. The dealership is about 4 miles from the factory and the port of tyne storage area is about 1 mile from the dealers and they still can't give me any idea when it will arrive

·
Registered
455 Posts
overworked said:
Living next to the factory is no help, the delivery of mine has also been delayed due to adverse weather conditions even though the snow has been clear for over a week now. The dealership is about 4 miles from the factory and the port of tyne storage area is about 1 mile from the dealers and they still can't give me any idea when it will arrive

Is it possible to see cars in the Port of Tyne storage areafrom a public road/footpath
Ive taken photos of the Distribution centre behind the factory, but have never been to Port Of Tyne.

I've sent photos of the Sunderland factory to Nissan Japan, who dont seem to have a clue what goes on over here in the name of Nissan.

I suspect Nissan Japan dont realise the delays buyers are face with.

I'm not going to be the one to tell them that even some of the Nissan workers / dealers / agency staff get fed-up with the poor communications/lack of information on planet-Nissan

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi, we were supposed to get delivery on 8 Dec but that date came and went with no word from the Dealer bout the car. We contacted dealer who advised that they still hadn't heard anything. We then got a call saying the chassis number was showing and they thought we may get delivery this week. We were given details of the 7 day free insurance and were told to hold on to the details until we heard from dealer again. Received phone call yesterday to say they think we may be able to pick up the car on Monday and that we should call insurance people to arrange cover from early Monday morning. Fingers crossed but won't hold our breath!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
KevInJuke said:
overworked said:

Is it possible to see cars in the Port of Tyne storage areafrom a public road/footpath
Ive taken photos of the Distribution centre behind the factory, but have never been to Port Of Tyne.

I've sent photos of the Sunderland factory to Nissan Japan, who dont seem to have a clue what goes on over here in the name of Nissan.

I suspect Nissan Japan dont realise the delays buyers are face with.

I'm not going to be the one to tell them that even some of the Nissan workers / dealers / agency staff get fed-up with the poor communications/lack of information on planet-Nissan

There are parts of the distribution area that are viewable from roads and pathways but the main entrance road has security gates on it. Have a look on google earth

·
Registered
199 Posts
KevInJuke said:
theguru said:
Do you think buying froma dealer near the Nissan factory is an advantage?
At the time of the Juke launch, some of us went to the Sunderland factory, but there were no Jukes for us to drive at the factory and the nearest dealership with a Juke to drive was over 100 miles away.

Petch's in Durham (just down the raod from the factory) didnt get their first Display Juke until several weeks AFTER the first Juke hadarrived at some dealerships in the Midlands and the South of England - it was as though the Jukes for the furthest awaydealers had left the compoundfirst.

Have a read through this forum and you'll see that almost everyonewho has waited for their Juke seems to agree it's worth waiting for
Yeah but Petch's did have my Juke turn up on the date quoted when i first ordered the car.....
And they also got their hands on 4WD model last week for a customer, no 6 months waiting time for that buyer???

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well mydeliveryhopes were dashed this morning, with the fact that my new toy is still sat, in a LONG queue 320 miles away.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Me too, mine was due on the 3rd, then last week so i could pick it up on saturday, looks like another week without it, just sitting here waiting for a call back from the salesman. if i can send a letter or parcel and track it at every stage why can nissan tell me where my car is and when i will get it (not happy).
they are tell me that no nissan dealers have had a delivery for about 10 days....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fingers x'dthat weather in Sunderlandholds out so they can get that backlog cleared.....soon!

2000 cars (which is what Dealer support told my salesman this morn) is a fair backlog to shift.

·
Registered
754 Posts
gazawebb said:
they are tell me that no nissan dealers have had a delivery for about 10 days....

My original (delayed) delivery date was 14 December, I'm now even more glad I switched colour to take the cancelled order offered to me.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
From someone who is keeping a VERY VERY CLOSE eye on the weather - ~It doesnt look good for The North East of England from Friday onwards - more snow on the way...

I hope they are wrong ... i really do

Good luck
Fee

·
Registered
14 Posts
For what it's worth our Juke turned up on time - scheduled for delivery yesterday the 13th and turned up today the 14th. We're 40mins from the factory.

Rich.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I guess if the snow is really bad, there isn't much Nissan can do to get the cars out, but it still sucks badly for you guys. The lack of concrete info would drive me mad

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It certainly sucks when you have a handover appointment booked only to be told litterally hours before that appointment that the car is nowhere near. Talk about hopes being dashed!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Just spoke to NCS again, they are now telling me delivery is 17th Dec but if the weather turns bad this could change. My dealer needs to get their act together I havent heard a word from them since I phoned them last Weds, when they told me it would be there in a few days, the only time my dealer has proactively phoned me was to ask that I register the car on on 30/11 This to me is customer service at its worst, all it would take is a couple of calls to me saying sorry we are doing our best but.....No thats to much for them. Im getting stressed over it now it shouldnt be me having to chase them all the time...I'll take 10 deep breaths...calm I am calm.

Just seen the weather forecast for Friday...more snow is Scotland and down the NE. Doesnt look good for Friday
Edited by: Fontie

1 - 20 of 41 Posts