Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an update from my dealer to say my 4WD CVT DIG-T is now expected end of September due to the earthquake delaying production.

·
Registered
133 Posts
same situation here, I can accept the delay due to what is and has happened in Japan. I cannot however accept the inept way the dealer is handling the issue.

·
Registered
377 Posts
paulmoz10 said:
Just got an update from my dealer to say my 4WD CVT DIG-T is now expected end of September due to the earthquake delaying production.

Hey, that's bad news indeed. When did you order yours? We ordered ours back I'n oct & have had delays already putting it back from Jan to May. Just before the earthquake it came forward 2 weeks. But, I'm not holding my breath at the mo as I'm sure all deliveries will be effected. Usually I get a weekly call from NCS too & they phoned the day before the earthquake & haven't phoned since. which doesn't bode well.
I'm not worried as they've gone through so much & are still going through it, but it would be nice to know.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Not good enough... Nissan Japan said production may be held up by just a few weeks. Getting told September is rubbish.
I am ready to go for our second choice of car if ours is delayed by one day past the end of May.
Delivery times reported on our Forum have not been good to say the least with only a lucky few exceptions.Nope, regardless of the tragedy in Japan, we have been well and truly jerked around to let Nissan satisfy other countries.Now with the Road Tax increasing quite a bit for the 4WD it is making me look and prepare for the worst in May.I know I can have my second choice within a couple of days and like the Juke they are not a common car so it will still get some looks. It did when I took it for a test drive. A couple of guys almost dislocated their necks walking by it.I won't say what it is coz I'm still hopeful of getting the Juke and won't tempt fate.
Am I too hard??? Naaagh... just practical and realistic.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Ooohhh - not so good for all of you......

Sally - if yours is likely to be put back to September - that would mean nearly a wait of 1 year???
Thats absolutely ridiculous....

Dougal - I can understand your frustration too...

It is dreadful whats happening out there but up till now Nissan really havent been up to the mark with their deliveries and supply for the AWD - Simply not good enough up until now , made even worse by the situation now

I realy hope you all get earlier dates but feel that this would be unlikely - FIngers crossed and good luck!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ouch! Thats a long wait.
Only advice i could give you is try to find the mostsuccessfuldealership you can in your area and order from there.
High selling dealers are given priority to any available vehicles. I know as i ordered my Acenta + Prem on Saturday and i pick it up on Wednesday.Ofcourse the car has to be available but if it is and another dealership wants it with better sales figures than yours then they go to the top of the list.
Hope you have no further hold ups!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm with Fee and Dougal on this one, that wait is just silly! I change my car every 3 years so couldn't imagine waiting a year for my new car. (two months has drove me crazy lol
)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Like many other Jukes on order we will have to wait for ours, but the same is for all cars or parts from Japan at this time. Those thinking of changing to another make could also have to wait again for a certain spec, unless they purchase a car from stock.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Checked the Nissan Global News Site and it looks as if they will have lost a months production of cars. The engine plant looks the worst hit, being near the damaged power plant.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts