Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just called in to my Nissan dealer today(stockport) My Juke Force red 1.6 Tekna delivery dates been put back till the End of November gutted as I booked time off work the week it was due so I would have time to play with my new shinning Juke , cant change my week off either ,
still got a good deal and the promise of a BIG Box of Thorntons choc's for the Lady in my life , tank of fuel, mats and boot liner .
If you want a good deal and live around stockport area go and see Sara Hale @ Westway Nissan.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate. One of the reasons I'm hesitant to commit to buy is the vague-ish delivery dates. Nissan dealer told me they have general lead times, but when the car is purchased and entered into the 'system', an exact date is given confirming build/trim options. The dealer then said this date is concrete, but it is usually brought forward, but sometimes this can run a bit later but we would give you plenty of notice?!?
Regarding your 'deal', did you get a good trade in, finance option or cool hard cash off the list price? Sorry for being nosy but I've been to2 dealers close to me, first one would not budge and sneared at my trade in (5 year old car), 2nd dealer offered a bit more on the trade in but it was still nearly half what I could get if I could be bothered going private, but still nothing off the car or anything like metallic paint or packs thrown in. No deal sweetners whatsoever, Nissan must be very confident this car is gonna walk off the forecourt without damaging their strict pricing policy!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi speedy have you tried to insurance on one yet, my current insurance company swiftcover has'nt even heard of the juke they thought it was some sort of Van ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi fee
no reason for the delay dealer says it may be down shortage of nuts & bolts , if so go to halfords, B&Q, buy some and finish my car

·
Registered
14 Posts
robbohog, not bought it yet, not sure where I am with that decision yet, but I did find car insurance through gocompare.com , actually came out cheaper than my current policy on my 5yr old renault!

·
Registered
367 Posts
robbohog said:
Just called in to my Nissan dealer today(stockport) My Juke Force red 1.6 Tekna  delivery dates been put back till the End of November gutted as I booked time off work the week it was due so I would have time to play with my new shinning Juke , cant change my week off either ,
   still got a good deal and the promise of a BIG Box of Thorntons choc's for the Lady in my life , tank of fuel, mats and boot liner .If you want a good deal and live around stockport area go and see Sara Hale @ Westway Nissan.
When was your original delivery date for robbohog?? Hubby phoned Tesco's car insurance last night and after some time of being put on hold four times they finally came back with a quote of £275 for the 1.6 Acenta they didn't have the car listed but he was talking to someone in another department so maybe they just don't have there systems updated although the operator hadn't heard of it either and hubby had to spell it out to him over the phone!!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hi Speedy. There isn't much cash available off Jukes. I believe Nissan are keeping dealer margains quite low so they can't discount heavily. A local dealer also told me they're under strict instructions from Nissan not to advertise any discounts in the first 3 months or so. Both local dealers I spoke to were prepared to drop by about £500. One offered free metallic and delivery pack and the other offered £500 cash off. Neither would budge any further. There was over £1000 in trade in values difference between them so keep ringing around. It might be worth you travelling a bit to get yours?

·
Registered
367 Posts
That is a long delay!!!! Well after reading some of your posts on here I'm quite prepared now for our date of 23 Sept to be put back.
You never know maybe it will be bought forward again
I think we'll hold onto our 8 day's holiday now maybe we'll be joining them on to our Xmas holiday at this rate

·
Registered
329 Posts
alicat said:
That is a long delay!!!! Well after reading some of your posts on here I'm quite prepared now for our date of 23 Sept to be put back.
I think we'll hold onto our 8 day's holiday now maybe we'll be joining them on to our Xmas holiday at this rate
Im pretty sure that those who have ordered a normally aspirated 1.6 will be OK for delivery times.

The turbo and the diesel may be prone to a wee bit of slippage tho!!

andy

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
andytran said:
alicat said:
Im pretty sure that those who have ordered a normally aspirated 1.6 will be OK for delivery times.

andy
What I want to know is what happen to the allocated stock for my dealer, force red 1.6 tekna , that they said would be here for 25th sept now waiting till end of november, didnt get a straight answer from the dealer

·
Registered
329 Posts
robbohog said:
andytran said:
alicat said:

andy
What I want to know is what happen to the allocated stock for my dealer, force red 1.6 tekna , that they said would be here for 25th sept now waiting till end of november, didnt get a straight answer from the dealer

I think your Dealer may be stringing you along. He maybe took your order over and above his allocation, thinking Nissan would give him and extra car or two?

I ordered my trim/colour on the strength that my Dealer would have it in his initial batch. Funny thing is - we were told there wasone force red 1.6 acenta premium for delivery on launch date - so we ordered it (on the preview day). However, there was also a couple sat across the room from us who ordered the EXACT same car and they were told one was available. - Therefore, if I get a call saying mine has been "delayed" it will be bye-bye Juke!! One thing I will not tolerate under any circumstances is a dealer who lies to me, and I told them this when I ordered.

(Stems from my local Ford dealer lying through his back teeth about a Ford Kuga I had ordered last year - after 3 months delay, I proved to him he was lying and cancelled the deal whilst reporting the incident to Ford UK........its a long, stressful story!).

OK rant over, time to go to the gym!

Andy

Edited by: andytran

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Robbohog I contacted Nissan Westaway Stockport there were not good at PX prices at all with me. My order is with TWG Northwich ordered with David who was very good and fair and helpful better PX toohe gave me a delivery date of 28/09/10 just rang him still that date for delivery I would recommend him and TWGif in this area of Cheshire

·
Registered
754 Posts
I think your Dealer may be stringing you along. He maybe took your order over and above his allocation, thinking Nissan would give him and extra car or two?

I ordered my trim/colour on the strength that my Dealer would have it in his initial batch. Funny thing is - we were told there wasone force red 1.6 acenta premium for delivery on launch date - so we ordered it (on the preview day). However, there was also a couple sat across the room from us who ordered the EXACT same car and they were told one was available. - Therefore, if I get a call saying mine has been "delayed" it will be bye-bye Juke!! One thing I will not tolerate under any circumstances is a dealer who lies to me, and I told them this when I ordered.

(Stems from my local Ford dealer lying through his back teeth about a Ford Kuga I had ordered last year - after 3 months delay, I proved to him he was lying and cancelled the deal whilst reporting the incident to Ford UK........its a long, stressful story!).

OK rant over, time to go to the gym!

Andy
Same here. If my dealer proves to be lying I'll get elsewhere.
I completed the order over the phone, having failed to reach an acceptable price in the showroom. I have no paperwork but have paid the £500 deposit. Slightly curious that I have chosen silver for the colour but haven't been asked what colour internal trim I want. Verbally I've been told end Sept or if not then then definitely in October.
. They'll call me for a test drive as soon as they get the auto in, so I guess I'll get a definite date then. I'm actually flexible on the trim colour; slight preference for grey, but I'll take red if silver means waiting longer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I certainly hope robbohogs situation is a one off, but because of vague delivery dates I've decided to hold off buying a juke just now. The 2nd dealer I visited seemed pretty honest to me and suggested that initial delivery dates may slip if the changeover at the Sunderland plant from micra to juke didn't go 100% to plan. I also didn't appreciate the pressure the first dealership put on us to commit now, if we wait until later we might not get a car until next spring!?! I mean, c'mon, I know this car is something special but it's not worth waiting 6 months for, is it?

·
Registered
367 Posts
speedy_gonzales said:
I certainly hope robbohogs situation is a one off, but because of vague delivery dates I've decided to hold off buying a juke just now. The 2nd dealer I visited seemed pretty honest to me and suggested that initial delivery dates may slip if the changeover at the Sunderland plant from micra to juke didn't go 100% to plan. I also didn't appreciate the pressure the first dealership put on us to commit now, if we wait until later we might not get a car until next spring!?! I mean, c'mon, I know this car is something special but it's not worth waiting 6 months for, is it?
Do you have a car to PX if so don't forget the longer you leave it your car will lose money and the VAT goes up in January, that's why we bought the Juke a couple of weeks ago so we knew that the dealer had to PX for the price we agreed now however long we have to wait

1 - 20 of 37 Posts