Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Juke delivery has been brought forward from October to September.
Really really hoping it will be early to mid September.

Fingers crossed.

Oh, and I've bought a set of Brand new original Juke mats ready for when she arrives.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Your dealer should supply you with a set of Juke Mats for free, as part of the deal.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Geoff_Juke said:
Your dealer should supply you with a set of Juke Mats for free, as part of the deal.
I thik you'll find if you want mats you need to negotiate them into the deal. Its for the dealer to give them away its for the buyer to haggle them in if possible

·
Registered
912 Posts
Well our dealer told us when we ordered it in June, that he will give us a set of Juke mats and a tank full of petrol, when we collect ours.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1.6 petrol with Premium in the gorgeous Red.

Online purchase, so wasn't really a deal breaker to have mats supplied as I already had the car reduced by over £2000 and a fair part-ex price too.

Good deal on mats from eBay Genuine Nissan mats arrived today. Crome tax disc holder arriving tomorrow, it's like the car is being delivered backwards and in parts

·
Registered
912 Posts
datsundealer said:
Geoff_Juke said:
Not laughing Geoff, Motability is a Charity. Who do you think pays for the car?!

http://www.motability.co.uk/main.cfm?Type=HHIS
I am not going to get into an argument about Motability. I know who pays for this, the tax payer and I have worked all my life and paid my taxes. My wife worked in the past before her disability and paid her taxes, so I think that she is at least entitled to a Motability car for her disability which was caused by no fault of her own.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I may have misuderstood this but I think datsundealer meant charity in the form of you get a car with government aid and the dealer gets a nice cash bonus, hence why they are happy to give you a few freebies as they have sold a car at full price, I dont think it was a dig aimed at anyone. I for one look forward to the day when I can reap some on the benefits of my working life, subject to the politicans leaving some in the pot after they have helped themselves of course

·
Registered
912 Posts
Maybe that is what Datsundealer meant charity, in the way you have stated deks. But I mistook otherwise, when he said who do you think pays for it!
Anyway, I can see the reason why our dealer offered us free mats etc, because Motability pay the full price to dealers for each car sold on the scheme. But depending on the spec, we have to find some money up front, which on the model we have chose is £799. A diesel model would have cost us £1299

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sorry Geoff, I never intended to cause a rumpus! My point was simply that Motability was set up as a charity to enable disabled people and their families to have access to suitable transport to go about theit lives. Motability subsidise heavily to allow users the option of a car of their choice. Motability actually negotiate HUGE discounts from the manufacturer, far in excess of any discount you would ever hope to achieve! The dealer makes a relatively small amount per Motab deal (usually less than £200) but it is a steady income for the dealer all year round. It also creates a steady flow of captive service customers. Also Motability customers are generally very loyal and will often order from the same dealer year after year. The scheme is wonderful, no question about it, I am affraid though that I do not give mats or fuel with Motability orders. I have no doubt that your wife is fully deserving of her Motability vehicle and I am pleased the scheme allows you both the luxury of a Nissan Juke for at least the next 3 years. Truce?!

·
Registered
912 Posts
That's ok Datsundealer, no offence taken. This is our third Motability car and previously we have had two Vauxhall Zafira's. We were thinking of changing for the new Meriva, but decided to have a complete change and go for the Juke, because we don't really need a larger car. My wife was very happywhen trying outthe Juke because of ease of getting in and out, more comfortable seats than the Meriva and that it is something different from the ordinary hatchback. My wife does not drive, because she is registered part sighted and unfortunately shelost a lower limb due to her long term diabetis, thus entitling her to a Motability car.
It is a brilliant scheme and the benefits of just having to put fuel in, is even more rewarding, for the sake of her weekly allowance. We could have had a Juke Visita for nil deposit, but decided to go for the Acenta Premium with many more extras with a deposit of £799, which has dropped by £50 for the present quarter, but we had to order ours in June which was then £799. I amwas very pleased after taking the Juke for a test drive, being my wifes nominated driver and I am sure we are going to enjoy our new car for the next three years.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And again.. our delivery has now been brought forward to early September. That's just a few weeks away. Wooohooo!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts