Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
Had a call from the dealer today. The car is arriving with them either today or tomorrow! Yippee!!!! Hold on........ Because i have a private number plate it could be 3 weeks until i can collect as they have to transfer the registration from my current car to the JUKE. I think that if i retain the plate as opposed to transfer then i can collect the JUKE with the 11 plate on and then transfer the private plate in a few weeks.
Anyone got any advice?
Thanks in advance
G-Force

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what i am thinking Deks! Couldn't believe he rung me with such good news and then punched me in the face with that news?
G-Force

·
Registered
605 Posts
G-Force said:
Hi Guys

Had a call from the dealer today. The car is arriving with them either today or tomorrow! Yippee!!!! Hold on........ Because i have a private number plate it could be 3 weeks until i can collect as they have to transfer the registration from my current car to the JUKE. I think that if i retain the plate as opposed to transfer then i can collect the JUKE with the 11 plate on and then transfer the private plate in a few weeks.

Anyone got any advice?

Thanks in advance

G-Force
I did that and my dealer even made my new plates for me. Was done in ten days.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Collected my car on Tuesday on an 11 plate. When I get the V5 through from Swansea I will go back to the dealers and they will arrange transfer of personal plate. Take the car now and enjoy it. I did.

·
Registered
78 Posts
For future reference, the dealer can apply for a V55 from DVLA and this can be used to tax the car with your private plateas normal with no waiting times at DVLA. Remember new cars are taxed by the dealer not by the Post Office or DVLA. It is also cheaper that putting the plate on retention.

·
Registered
413 Posts
<DIV =msg>For future reference, the dealer can apply for a V55 from DVLA and this can be used to tax the car with your private plateas normal with no waiting times at DVLA. Remember new cars are taxed by the dealer not by the Post Office or DVLA. It is also cheaper that putting the plate on retention.

We have put our personalised plate on retention so that it can be tranfered to the Juke ready for collection. The dealership put the original plates on our current car with their logo, so that they can put the PX on the forecourt as early as possible. Otherwise they would have to wait a few weeks before they could sell it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just got a call from the dealer and mine will be ready in 2 weeks...............

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for your replies. I went in to the garage today and arranged to collect my new Juke next Friday. I will collect it with the 11 plate and then they are going to arrange the transfer just like you have done Firecat!
Today was the first time i have test driven the Diesel Juke. When i test drive one before it was the petrol and i had experience of the diesel engine from driving a QQ so today the manager threw me the keys and let me take it for a spin. WOW!!!! 6 gears, lovely driving position and cool as ice. I even think my wife may start to fancy me again?! My Juke was away at the compound so i didn't get eyes on it but i think i can hold out until Friday as it is only 163 hours away!
Thanks again and photos will soon follow!
G-Force?!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts