Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Picked up my Juke on Thursday (loving it by the way) and now need to get hold of some car mats and a boot liner. I've seen the deals on here from Holdcroft and will probably order from them given the reputation on here and the service people have provided. Not massively keen on the mudflaps so just really looking for mats and boot liner.

My question is which boot liner to use, we have a one week old baby (car couldn't have come at a better time as previous car was 3 door Corsa) so obviously the boot is full of buggy, changing bags etc. So i was hoping someone might be able to assist me on deciding on the best boot liner for my needs.

I was thinking the plastic boot liner would probably be best then dirty buggy wheels won't ruin the boot itself.

Any comments/thoughts are much appreciated.

Cheers,

Luke

·
Registered
659 Posts
Don't get carpet. The hard liner just needs a wipe down. I do find the boot quite rattly and noisy even with nothing in it! Love the car though.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I would definitely recommend the hard boot liner. Easier to clean and maintain. Carpet will wear and show signs of depreciation a lot quicker.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Carpet boot liner is a great sound insulator though, I have one and its made all the difference

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Definitely the hard boot liner. Does the business for dirty wheels, baby vomit and spilled baby milk --- no problem , so easy to wipe clean

Fee x

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for the comments all!

I was thinking the hard boot liner would be best with the little one.

Now all I need to do is order the boot liner and car mats.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Erm? what does everyone mean by 'hard' boot liner please? I ordered and received the 'soft' boot liner... I did so because my pre Juke car had a hard boot liner and it was an absolulte pain to get in and out of the car when I wanted to access the well in the boot, because it was so stiff; the Juke soft boot liner gives everything, protects the inside, easy to clean, but also it's more flexible so easy to get in and out. Maybe we're talking about the same thing?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Im with Odena on this one the hard linner is alot more rigid and once its fitted in the boot space and can be a pain to get in and out , also because the are a stiff rigid plastic they can sometimes crack or shatter

JOhn

·
Registered
101 Posts
There is the soft car mat type of boot liner which i have, also there is a soft rubbery ridged one

·
Registered
659 Posts
Martin, I could certainly do with some sound insulation in mine. I do find it noisy. Perhaps I'll just cut a piece of old carpet or dog bedding. Nobody can see in so who cares?

You reckon carpet does damp down the rattling though?

·
Registered
101 Posts
it does make a difference, also you cant hear things sliding around in the boot

1 - 12 of 12 Posts