Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!
running a 04 mini cooper,have just driven the juke diesel sport,,very impressed!
have to make a decision to stick with a cooper D or go for the diesel juke,
anyone on here with a diesel dci engined juke?,,I thought it was very noisy,does it get better as
the engine beds in?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hi and Welcome to the forum

THe diesel is a cracking wee engine for power and is very nippy. THe one thing I would say is - if you are using the car for town driving - dont expect good MPG - you will get better returns on motorway or A road driving.

If the fuel consumption doesnt bother you - its good spec on the Sport and worth the wee bit extra!!!

GOod luck with your choice

PS - Its far nicer looking than a mini!!!!

Fee x

Ps - It is a noisy engine - characteristic of this --- doesnt change much - WHo cares what it sounds like as long as it goes!!!!

Edited by: feefeeglasgow

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I would add that there are hundreds of posts on dci mpg - have a good look and then make an informed decision - I have decided to trade mine in as I cannot achieve what Nissan are saying in town driving and I do loads of town miles

It is a gorgeous car and you will certainly get looks... --- dont know if you are a poser but a Juk certainly gets you attention

Fee x

·
Registered
659 Posts
I don't find the dci noisy but I've had diesels for years and years so maybe I'm just attuned to it. Mine seems a refined car. Done about 2500 miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks folks, commute is about 25 miles a day round trip,mix of city and B roads as they say.
do you think the extra outlay on the diesel juke would be worth it or should i consider a petrol,
we run a 1.6 petrol cooper at the moment and average about 35mpg,,a bit worried about lots of posts
seemingly not happy with the diesel mpg,,if the official nissan mpg is 55 i assume that most people will
only see 45??,,

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
WHat I suggest you do is - ASK dealer for an extended test drive and do your usual commute - reset the MPG and see how you get on.

I do 70% urban and 30% motorway and my combined was 34.7 averaging over a tank of diesel.
Motorway I could achieve 50- 55 MPG.
Town driving significantly lower

It has to be said that I would not consider the 1.6 Petrol juke as it has a 5 speed gearbox and it revs like an aircraft engine at above 60 MPH - it desperately needs a 6 speed gearbox. Fuel consumption in the town with the petrol seems to be better then the diesel.

Try before you buy - thats my biggest piece of advice -

Fee x

·
Registered
457 Posts
Fee - sorry to learn that you are giving up completely on the Juke. That is a real shame but I understand the reasons behind your decision
zippysmithy - As advised take a look through the posts on here about the feedback members have given so far on the diesel juke. I considered the diesel version but decided against it due to the poor mpg returns.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Yep, the mpg is poor. 35 mpg round town. My average is now 42 mpg after over 2500 miles but I have recently boosted it with a lot of (unusual for me) longer distance-driving.

If I could get 45 mpg I wouldn't be so unhappy with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts