Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is one of the first things I'll be doing, Removing the JUKE & Nissan badges from the back. I will update this post with info & pics and a how-to once done!

Does anybody know if the big nissan badge on the back is pinned through the bodywork or if it's just stuck on?

I've debadged my Fiesta and that was relatively simple as it was just stuck on with adhesive, a bit of persuading with a hair-dryer & a plastic card did the trick.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alicat said:
Are you going to be ashamed to be driving a Nissan Juke
No, quite the contrary, I want to turn the badges into a necklace! ;)

And no, I just like the thought of people wondering what it is, although judging by the PR campaign Nissan have lined up it's unlikely to stay that way for long ;)

Plus I think it'll tidy the back up a little, never really been a big fan on badges. Plan to do something with the front as well but haven't worked that out yet ;)

·
Registered
575 Posts
I like debadging, though I wouldn't go as far as removing the manufactuer badge. Gets on my nerves a little the amount of junk on the back of a car. Rather than "nissan" and "juke" on some cars you'd have say:
Nissan Juke 1.6 DIG-T Acenta Premium Pack built in Sunderland on the nth day etc - you get the idea!
Just leaving the Nissan badge would look smart

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Yeah - that annoys me

what with the DEALERS sticker and the DEALERS name printed on the number plate.. very much overkill.. I always ask the dealer to leave dealer sticker off - Either that - I rip it off before I drive away... a bit of rebellion in my old age!!!

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
feefeeglasgow said:
Yeah - that annoys me

what with the DEALERS sticker and the DEALERS name printed on the number plate.. very much overkill.. I always ask the dealer to leave dealer sticker off - Either that - I rip it off before I drive away... a bit of rebellion in my old age!!!
I hate dealer stickers, they ALWAYS leave a residue on the windows ERGH! as for the plates I believe it's a law requirement that they print where the plate was made.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ctrollen said:
They only have to showa post code. The dealer name, address, etc. is not a requirement.
Thanks for correcting me ;), I knew there had to be something on there by law. But I guess from a dealers perspective, it's free advertising

·
Registered
345 Posts
I debadge mine today, looks clean now.
No juke anymore.

The center nissan badge is stil on it, why, because its mold in, So when you remove it, you wil still see where is has to be :D

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pics NissanJukeBox ;) also how'd you go about it?

and **** @ the centre badge being inset, that means filling & spraying. doh! :(

·
Registered
345 Posts
iamdabe said:
Pics NissanJukeBox ;) also how'd you go about it?

and **** @ the centre badge being inset, that means filling & spraying. doh! :(
Just put a hair dryer on it, and then use your nails.
After that a lil wax.

very easy, but really use a hairdryer, cos otherwise the stickytape will stay on the car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
On Debadge comments, I've used a hairdryer first to soften the adhesive behind the badges, and then used a long slither of dental floss wrapped tightly around fingers and draw down the badge, like slicing a cheese wedge.Simples. Works every time.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ordena said:
On Debadge comments, I've used a hairdryer first to soften the adhesive behind the badges, and then used a long slither of dental floss wrapped tightly around fingers and draw down the badge, like slicing a cheese wedge.Simples. Works every time.
Ah so my wife's birthday present last year will come in handy! have to make sure I do it whilst she's out. good tips re: using dental floss!

UPDATE: Ordena, just seen you're from Hampshire, Snap! :) have you ordered a Juke yet, if so from which dealer did you order?
Edited by: iamdabe

·
Registered
22 Posts
Debadging also has a major benefit....its easier to clean/polish/wax etc! One of my old cars used to have sharp lettering that used to snag my microfibre cloths...they didnt last long!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts