Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate dealership stickers on the rear window, so I am going to ask that this is not stuck on the rear window of my Juke. If they insist it has to be put on, then I will remove it myself. But I will however place the Juke Owners Club sticker to the top of the rear window, as this is not so intrusive.
What do other Juke owners think?
Edited by: Geoff_Juke

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Geoff-Juke

I agree with you, I don't like them either. I forgot about them so be carefull. As you are taking delivery of your Juke from the same dealer as me you will find a dealer sticker along the back window, also a round (Tax Disk Size) sticker on the front (Top Corner) windscreen. I removed the front windscreen sticker, but had to use some metholated spirit to clean off some residue. I attempted to remove the rear sticker, but decided against it because it has been stuck over part of the Heated Rear Screen element. I think that trying to remove this sticker may result in damaged to the element.

Regards

Wizard

·
Registered
377 Posts
Which garage may that be? If its the same one as mine its the biggest sticker ive seen & at a 45 degree angle! I too wouldnt remove it for fear of damage!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Sallyspud

The garage is in your neck of the woods, P********H. Yes the sticker is too big & because of the shape of the rear window it is at a weird angle. I would prefer to remove it, but in doing so it may cause damage.

Regards

Wizard

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
My dealer not only put window stickers, but their name on my plates and a badge below the Juke badge.
My hubby removed all at the dealers before we drove home.

We had private plates (spaced differant)
and so didn't need the ones they put on.

Lj

·
Registered
377 Posts
Wizard said:
Hi Sallyspud

The garage is in your neck of the woods, P********H. Yes the sticker is too big & because of the shape of the rear window it is at a weird angle. I would prefer to remove it, but in doing so it may cause damage.

Regards

Wizard
Yep, thats the one! Its horrendous! Hubby wante to remove it, but I dont think its worth it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yep, thats the one! Its horrendous! Hubby wante to remove it, but I dont think its worth it.[/QUOTE]

I may try a hairdryer to heat up the adhesive, this might work. I'll let you know.

Regards

Wizard

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
If you use a hair dryer on the sticker you can easily remove it without causes any damage. Followed by some IPA or meths to remove any residue.
I made it clear I didn;t want any of the stickers as it annoys me to. I have the dealer plate, but they don't bother me as they are very subtle.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought others would agree about these blasted dealer stickers. It seems that all Nissan cars have them placed on an angle, from the ones I have seen so far, which makes them look even worse. I'm not bothered about the number plates having the name on, as these are made up like that when the dealer places the order from the number plate manufacturers and are not too obtrusive.
The tax disc holder will be removed, as I have got a Richbrook Alloy Wheel Tax Disc Holder, which just unscrews from the inside, when you need to change the tax disc. You can get these from Halfords in many different styles and they do look much better than the yukky plastic holders. I havent bought the Juke Owner Tax Disc Holder, as again, thse are the usual yukky plastic type.

As Rocks has said, if you want to remove the rear window dealer sticker, use a hair drier, this softens the glue and it can be removed quite easily. There may be a few traces of glue left on the window, which with careful rubbing with IPA or methscan also be easily removed. Then clean the inside of the glass with a good window cleaning product.You won't damage the heated rear window element as long as you don't rub too hard, as these are electro plated elements which are placed on the glass during manufacture.Edited by: Geoff_Juke

·
Registered
131 Posts
When I ordered mine I asked not to have a sticker on the back..They did stick a great bid tax disc holder on the window offering £50 for every customer referred.. very tasteful… That lasted about 2 hours before I disposed of it… the logo on the number plates I can live with..

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Lady juke said:
Anyone removed the stickers from the passenger sun visor?

Lj
There is a sticker there?
Thought it was only information about the Airbags and safety stuffs?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
meaga-byte said:
Lady juke said:

Lj
There is a sticker there?
Thought it was only information about the Airbags and safety stuffs?

Then that's another one that will have to come off then!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wizard said:
Hi Sallyspud

The garage is in your neck of the woods, P********H.  Yes the sticker is too big & because of the shape of the rear window it is at a weird angle.  I would prefer to remove it, but in doing so it may cause damage.

Regards

Wizard
Ditto and same garage

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am going to Polesworthtomorrow to mention about the rear sticker, that's if it hasn't already been put on. As we pick our up next Sat

·
Registered
998 Posts
Hi Geoff, If they have already put one on ask them to remove it, problem solved. Tc

·
Registered
998 Posts
Lady juke said:

Lj
Lj , you should be looking at the road not the stickers, if parked or a passenger you are a lady and will be looking in the vanity mirror doing your makeup or something so you won't notice the stickers. Tc

1 - 20 of 24 Posts