Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I'm convinced that Jukes are quite good and not fault ridden (thanks!) I'm going to go off to the dealer and see what I can do.How are they on part-exchanges? It is a Ford (ST-3) rather than a Nissan ...And on discounts?We just bought a Toyota Verso as the Qashqai was on 6 months back order (this is was in December) and I got a price from a website and they price matched it (-15% or so from list), is Nissan similar?Thanks for any advice,Steve

·
Registered
377 Posts
We went to 3 Nissan dealers with our p/x, it was a Nissan, but 2 dealers offered less than webuyanycar, the one wasnt even bothered about checking the order times, they told us to ge back when they had the demo in. The one we went with offered a very good p/x, a lot more than we expected. and were excellent with us. So I think its just how good or bothered the dealer is.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The amount I was offered in px seemed too low so I decided to sell my car privately instead and I sold it for almost double the px price. Maybe a different dealer would have offered a better price and it was a bit nerve-racking commiting collecting Daisy and then putting my previous car up for sale so I wouldn't be car-less (plus that put me in a weird situation insurance-wise and although I sold my old car very quickly I hadn't considered that the tax was about to run out and only sold it 3 days before I would have had to sorn) so, all in all, although I was financially better off not going for the px I'm not convinced the extra money was worth the stress!

·
Registered
78 Posts
The part exchange price will be set by the dealer, not by Nissan. The general rule tends to be will the dealer retail your part exchange or trade it to another dealer. Don't pay too much attention to the "we buy any car" type companies, they rarely give the price suggested over the phone (in fact I think 96% of people got less than quoted). As regards discount on the new car, aim for 6-7% off basic retail price, there is not as much margin in new as you may think.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I agree with above further more any dealer offering more off is selling at a loss and playing a numbers game. As i said before if you think you are not getting a deal you think acceptable try another dealer
but remember the dealer has to make a profit other wise he wont be in business long and also note that all the extras like courtesy cars have to be paid for and its the dealer that has to pay for them they dont get given them for free

1 - 5 of 5 Posts