Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mileage on acenta dci 1800 can,t get over 38 mpg arond town will it get better my 1.9 megane had better economy

·
Registered
659 Posts
It only gets better if you turn off all air con/heating. Mine has done nearly 3K now. There are threads and threads about this. One very active forumite sold her car because the dci mpg is so poor.

I am now getting about 46mpg overall but I don't think that's satisfactory. And that's only because I have turned the climate-control off for a month....

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hilly
I feel your pain!!!!

However, as Jayannley says there are already pages and pages on this particular subject - doesnt make particularly good reading -

If you search - it'll save adding duplicate threads all over the place

Hope your MPG improves... its still a **** sight better than mine was in the town though!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
fee your being unresonable I feel "Hope your MPG improves." You know as well as I do thats highly unlikely to happen

@hilly 38 mpg I can only dream of that I do short journeys to and from work mainly and local trips average for me is 32 mpg
except when Nissan had it in for checks they got 49 mpg something I have never achieved and nor am I likely to
unless I gain access to the way they manipulated my test of course.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Sorry DEKS

i dont think I am being unreasonable, Just being optimistic and hopeful for the future for you guys - thats all....

I hope that Nissan manage to get a fix ar remap or something organised to improve things - Thats not too much to ask is it???

Miracles can happen

fee x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
fee i was pulling your leg I know you meant well, i was really digging at Nissan as we all know the mpg is a real issue just Nissan are better at covering it up than we are at exposing it

·
Registered
144 Posts
Must admit I haven't read through all the pages and pages of DCi MPG gripes but did anyone experiment with high grade diesel vs. normal diesel to see if it made a difference?

Higher octane petrol like Shell V-Power seemed to give me very marginally improved MPG

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am really money aware and I have been monitoring in depth the amount that I am spending on fuel.I have done 4k miles in my 1.5 DCi Juke since the beginning of Dec. I do 320 miles every week with two Labradors permently on the back seat they have a combined weight of 55kg. I have the radioon / orIphone on and charging and the screen de-mister / lights as and when needed.The price of diesel is going up, yet I seem to be paying less at the pump. I fill up on the same day every week,I used to pay £40-44, now it is £36-37 per week. Ino longerhave thecomputer mpg showingas I don't think it is correct, it tells me I am still getting 47mpg, but I know that can't be right. I just used this caluculator on this site and it tells me that I am getting 52.7 mpg
http://www.torquecars.com/tools/uk-mpg-calculator.php
Could it possibly be that it is the computer calulator that is incorrect or perhaps it has not been programmed correctly?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Thats good that you are finding MPG is improving

I think a lot to do with the MPG is definitely the type of driving you do and not necessarilythe distance.

Fee x

·
Registered
659 Posts
My onboard shows 42.3 mpg and my brim test came up with 46ish but that's still not good enough.

So the onboard probably IS incorrect but, try as I might, I can't improve my figures. They have gone down again this week because I have used the aircon.

It really has dented my enjoyment of the vehicle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been waiting to report my findings, but what the hey.

week 1 - 45.9
week 2 - 47.1

i've had it set on viewing current mpg, and i'm still learning which gear gives best results at different speeds. I'm also still getting used to the car so i'm still pulling away a bit irratic. Climate is on, obviously no aircon.

Did everyone get to the bit in the manuel that states the diesel improves after 3000miles. I know some people have already done this, before I got my car I read about the issues and spoke to friends who told me they noticed an improvement in any new car after running in

i'm quite happy with my mpg, 2 weeks after pick up 400 miles done

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mix of country, a and b roads and bit of town. Watching, where possible, the current mpg really helps, when pulling away once you've reached your speed I found the mpg didn't go up much ease right off the pedal then go gental back on, same speed but loads more mpg.

I'm really starting to think other than driving in towns, it's peoples driving style giving the juke mpg a bad rep. I'm probably gonna get stick for it but that's my thoughts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Nah - you wont get too much stick for saying that but I do totally and utterly disagree...

I was getting really good MPG in normal A road and motorway driving - however the town was a total killer!!

My MPG today in my Civic was 39 MPG/34 yesterday- cant understand it - except i switched the aircon off...

I tried that in the JUKE but for the same journey averaged 34 - it seems that its the journey and not necessarily the driving style that is affecting the MPG

Oh - the debate goes on and on.....

Fee x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
each to their own opinion I have 2 diesel cars one returns the mpg it should and the Juke not so
I drive both the same way so for me that cant be the reason
In part I believe the issue lies with Renault updating an old engine to work with a DPF that it wasnt designed to and they need to design a new engine purpose built for the job

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got 55mpg this week, really happy with that, I thought I would see what happens if I drove it so that the rev counter did not go above 2,000 revswhen changing up and down the gears and it ticks along at 57-58 mph at 2,000 revs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just about to hit 1000miles, and will be filling up for the 3rd time at about the same time. So not super impressed but mainly my fault as i am still having to much fun driving her. Maybe in a few months i will have calmed down enough to try economising.

·
Registered
35 Posts
you dont seem pleased with your mpgs r you all doing long journeys or short you will always get more mpgs on longer journeys than short ones.I have a citreon c4 picasso at mo and am amazed on how little diesel i use on long journeys defo see a difference when i have a week of sort ones .decided to keep with a diesel so hoping i will find the same with my new juke .but must say getting a bit worried reading your posts

1 - 20 of 27 Posts