Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 396 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, had a chat with mate of mine with juke ascenta dci getting 48mpg around town driving thats taken from fill to fill in eco mode,done 3000mls!!!! the fuel computer says 44mpg?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hi there

There seem to be numerous posts on this self same subject - If you use the search facility - there are loads of complete threads on the subject and you will be able to get tons of different figures there.

Good luck

Fee x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
ok then just done my first distance motorway journey car has 1000 miles on the clock just done 155 miles nearly all motorway average speed 78 mph refilled with fuel after journey got a whopping 42 mpg thats 20 miles short of Nissan extra-urban figure of 62 mpg
added to my very poor urban returns of around 29 mpg I think I will be finding a dealer soon to take into to complain

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Deks

Was that in normal/eco or sport mode (not that i've ever noticed the difference)

That is pretty poor I must say - the best MPG I got on a long run was in the early days of 61MPG but that was between 50 and 60MPH.

Never managed to replicate that though - now showing average 34.4 MPG

Fee x

·
Registered
873 Posts
My petrol is showing an overall average of 34.7 after 7100 miles, and I do tend to have a heavy foot. Most short town journeys show 60mpg+ on the eco info bar graphs, but i suspect these are journeys that are too short to properly measure the mpg. I need to show some restraint and try some long journeys driving far more conservatively all the way to really see what it can get. I'll be towing a glider trailer from Nottingham to Edinburgh and back with it in April, so wonder what that will do to the economy...
Edited by: Stormrider

·
Registered
873 Posts
There are different screens - reset manual, reset at start, reset daily and reset weekly. I normally leave mine on reset at start, which shows the mpg for the last 5 journeys (including the current one). You might have it on the reset manual mode which would only have 1 bar if you've never reset it. I can't remember if you change modes by pressing the eco info button more times, or if you use the dial next to it... but one of those will probably work!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
@ stormrider yours is petrol, what we are trying to ascertain here is are all the DCI's poor on fuel
or is it an issue for a limited number.

@fee I drive in sport mode all the time as this weights up the steering to both mine and my wifes liking and I have been informed this is the only difference to the diesel in the 3 modes
going to call the dealer tomorrow and get it checked out and tbh honest if its right then its goodbye Juke, I got rid of my xtrail as consumption was poor and this currently isnt any better.
and my xtrail was a 2.5l petrol

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Well - It appears to be getting worse - last fill up I got 390 miles to the tank.

Today i filled up again and it would appear I only have had 325 to the tank. The miles on my trip meter read 300 and 25 to go to fill up - That is total pants ( to fill up I have to put 38 litres in)

i am phoning the dealership tomorrow to get them to check this out. I checked on the QQ Club forum and 1.5 Dci owners who have taken delivery of their EURO V QQ seem to be getting far better MPG - dont know whats cracking off then...

I dont blame you DEKS for wanting to change- the whole point of me getting a diesel was to improve Fuel costs but I am filling up far more often than I would have expected. It is strange... dont understand it...

Keep us advised everyone what you're getting - we need to be vocal if theres an issue out there.

Fee x

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Stormrider said:
There are different screens - reset manual, reset at start, reset daily and reset weekly. I normally leave mine on reset at start, which shows the mpg for the last 5 journeys (including the current one). You might have it on the reset manual mode which would only have 1 bar if you've never reset it. I can't remember if you change modes by pressing the eco info button more times, or if you use the dial next to it... but one of those will probably work!
Thanks stormrider - I farted about with the buttons today and you are spot on!!!!

It was on manual reset...

Regards

Fee x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Fee mine has never reached the 300 mark.
I have an idea I think all of us that have an issue over consumption should call the dealers on the same day and hopefully it will link thru to Nissan, although I am unsure if their is a connection with dealer and Nissan but as its warranty dealer will have to report it and if loads put it all thru on same day it might flag the issue up.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Good call!!! - Is yours booked in tomorrow or are you phoning to book it in tomorrow??

If you havent done it yet _ i will phone too... I am also going to log an email to NCS too - just to make sure...

Lets see what they say

Fee

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
ok I will call a dealer tomorrow wont be the one I got the car from obviously but 12" reckons his is good so I will call them I will also bung an email into Nissan
Also as you suggested as I am now at the 1000 mile mark I am logging all fill ups and costs with receipts

Steve

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
DEKS - I called RCI Finance as my car is on a PCP agreement and I know the car can be handed back but there is a liability that would have to be paid if car was handed back prior to halfway through the agreement.
They advised - contact Dealership with query and log call to Nissan UKif dealership dont respond appropriately. Exactly as we have are going to do - Thats what i am doing anyway.

If there is a tweak or software upgrade - all well and good - I will give it a bash... If they say theres nothing can be done - I think a review on WHAT CAR might ba appropriate. Did that for my Megane and it worked a treat....

Keep in touch

Fee x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
agree with all of that mine to is a pcp and I am already looking at alternatives that are more fuel efficient.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Well folks even before I got to the last few posts on this subject I blasted an email off to Auto Express (not sure how much response I will get). Mostly trying to get them to investigate the apparent poor fuel consumption people are having. Since Auto Express did one of the first reviews of the Juke I hope they feel duty bound to do something to help.
As for the PCP thing, there is probably a penalty as the finance company will always wan to make profit.Our present car and the next one (Juke) will be PCP. I have made enquiries last year about handing back our car early but, what they did was give me a trade-in price which was rubbish.It will be interesting to hear what both of your PCPfinancierssay about the subject as if I am correct, they actually own the car till at least half the cost of the vehicle has been covered. I would venture a guess that if they are going to have a lot of irate customers calling them about wanting to hand back the cars they will do their own investigations as to whether the Juke is a good investment for them.Or am I talking crap??? good at doing that...
Keep us informed, both of you, please

1 - 20 of 396 Posts