Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just got over 60 mpg on my journey to work which is approx 22miles through a town centre then mainly on 30/40 mph roads with a couple of sets of lights, roundabouts in eco mode hows everyone else doing ? ( didnt say I stuck to 30/40 might have had it in 5th/6th when I could ! )

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
haven't hit 40mpg in mine yet, mind you for the most part mine only does short journeys 5/6 miles at a time and still hasn'tcovered 800 miles had it since 5th Nov

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Think ive done about 600 since 8/12/10 I will be doing urban driving for the next few days will reset & post figures , any leather armrest info ?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Juke-of-earl said:
Wow decks isn't cheaper to use a bus .had ours a month and done 800 miles .
not my car its the wifes although most of the mileage on it was down to me she does 3 miles to work 3 miles home and thats about it we now travel distance by train and my 206 is far more economical so i use that

·
Registered
206 Posts
I was getting about 44mpg to start with.
I've now done over 1700 miles and it looks to be improving to around 49mpg.
Not so much urban as rural driving up here though.

I used to get 45mpg with 1.5 diesel qashqai.

Edited by: Marie

·
Registered
146 Posts
Find the figure of 60mpg incredible as i get around 35mpg in same kind of urban driving..improves to about 48mpg on combination ofmways,A roads and rural driving but the figures are cack compared to the Rover 25 turbo diesel.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
northendsoul said:
Find the figure of 60mpg incredible as i get around 35mpg in same kind of urban driving..improves to about 48mpg on combination ofmways,A roads and rural driving but the figures are cack compared to the Rover 25 turbo diesel.
I am with you on all counts there, glad someone else is only getting the same kind of figures as me.
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
146 Posts
Those figures are very accurate Deks as i have just returned from an expensive brim fill at Morrisons...the £5 voucherthat my poor consumption earnedis a poor consolation

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I believe you last tiem I filled up i worked out the litres used to fill it against mileage done it came out same as computer on car at 32 mpg, not impressed just hope it improves with age and distance.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Well initially i was fairly satisfied but if anything my consumption seems to be getting worse since i hit 1000 miles.. i had assumed the very cold weather was part of the reason as my figures seemed to have dropped with the temperature.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Northendsoul

I am with you on that one...

I have now completed 2500 in my 1.5 DCi

Initially town driving (always stop/start) - in the region of 40 - that has now dropped to 32MPG
Motorway driving - completed the same Glasgow to Fife route
Motorway/a roads and 20 miles of a/b roads - Initially - 61MPG - Today 51MPG

I had put the poor urban consumption down to the terrible weather/driving conditions but the situation here is now back to normal and the MPG has still dipped

Was getting 33PMG in my 1.6 Petrol Qashqai and 45 MPG (urban ) in my 1.5Dci Qashqai

I do hope this improves

Fuel warning light is doing my head in - appeared today with 26 miles to go!!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
146 Posts
Fee..Glad its not just me and Deks that aint over the moon about the fuel economy...am Driving from Preston to Portpatrick on friday and am going to try very hard to keep it at a steady 65 - 70 mph
in the hope that i can get 50 mpg or better..with diesel now at£1.30p a litre in Scotland..it calls for drastic measures. the French wouldnt stand for it..viva la blockade!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I dont know if its the new EURO 5 spec and DPF thats dropped the MPG - but in my opinion the MPG is not what I had hoped..... Like you - i hope it does improve or there will be another letter to NCS

Fee x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I,ll second taht letter mpg on mine is nowhere near what Nissan claims I put mine down to low use but given others are only getting the same clearly their is an issue

·
Registered
659 Posts
I was getting 44 mpg with very staid driving. Now it's gone down to 41. Worse than I anticipated. Even an ancient petrol Golf I had a few years ago did at least as well. ****, even our V50 averages 52mpg and that gets a lot of punishment!

·
Registered
873 Posts
The gear ratios are quite low on the juke, the engine revs pretty high when motorway driving, probably doesn't help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Plenty of long runs very few short and still struggle to get 45 mpg from the diesel - frankly very poor for small car .Appreciate official figures are not always accurate but to quote 55mpg average is not right - I thought MPG would improve as engine loosened up in fact it seems to be worsening.
Is anyone consistently getting a good average and if so what is the secret

·
Registered
58 Posts
My Dci QQ fuel computer reads 7% optimistic
My Dci Juke reads 3% optimistic
Both cars are under 6 months old and are the same engine spec,6 gear 1500 Dci units

True fuel consumption is better in the QQ on varied town and short journy driving
The Jukes fuel consumption is shocking when the engine and conditions are very cold, 30 mile trip from -3deg delivered aprox 39mpg on the computer
They very same trip back home with a hot engine and +4deg returned 55mpg on the computer,.
On the outward trip with the cold engine the fuel computer would not rise above 30mpg for the first 5-10 miles, the severe cold knocks the economy very badly

1 - 20 of 23 Posts