Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone brimmed their DCI and done a long run in it? What mileage are you getting from a full tank? My DCI when I get it will be spending most of its time on the motorway, what mpg will I expect to get from it?
Many thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
On the mway you should get around 47-48mpg...around town about 35mpg...thats the case with mine anyhow...average a dissappointing 41mpg. seems like the diesel isnt worth the extra brass..one advantage over the petrol though..when you look for 6th gear on the diesel, you will find it

·
Registered
309 Posts
that does seem very high...a few people have made that comment

·
Registered
146 Posts
schmoo_smith said:
So does anyone actually have a mileage figure from a full tank on a DCI?

How would you get an accurate mileage figure for a full tank without running it down to empty which nobody is going to do?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hiya

Most I have had is 390 from the tank - brim to brim .

Reading stated i had 28 miles to go and when I filled it up to the top - I had to put 35.8 litres in to the brim.

Cost me £45.60 at 129.9 per litre

Dont know if this is much use to you

Fee x

TOWN DRIVING - 32 MPG (ALL STOP/START)
MOTORWAY DRIVING - 51 MPG
- BOTH MPGS HAVE DROPPED BY 10MPG - SINCE NEW - HAVE DONE 2.5k
Edited by: feefeeglasgow

·
Registered
146 Posts
anotherbadname said:
The way you should check your Mpg is:- brim the tank, reset the trip run until almost empty fill up at same filling station, clock your trip, get a reciept, on your receipt it will tell you how many litres. divide litres x 4.546= galls. divide galls. into trip = Mpg. Tom.

Why do you need to run until almost empty? doesnt matter how much fuel is left in the car, could be half empty/full. as long as you filled it to the brim,reset the trip runand fill it to the brim next time you fill up then you can work out your mpg from the miles you have done and theamount of fuel you have put in the tank. works for me anyway

·
Registered
146 Posts
anotherbadname said:
get a better average of different type of driving the longer you run it. fill up after using only a gallon and you might have been doing all city driving. if you use more fuel you get a better average of types. Tom.

Its highly unlikely anyone is going to fill up after using a gallon..i usually fill up when im down to 1/4 to 1/3 ofa tank..wouldnt like to get down to running on the fumes just to determine what mileage i get from full to empty. also wouldnt trust the display on the clock telling me i have ten miles left before im empty. each to their own though ey ?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I wouldn't trust the clock on the Juke from my experience plus whats written on here its way off but in our favour, everytime I've filled up its not been anywhere near as empty as distance left would have you believe.
As for calculation of mpg both northernsoul and anotherbadname are right it doesnt matter how far you go as long as you fill it back up to the same point(brim) then do the calculations as described
4.546 divided by litres = gals divided by mileage covered = mpg.
also for what its worth the times I have done this the computers average has been the same as actual average.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I used to work with al old boy would say "You don't buy diesel to pull diesel" he'd only ever fill his car half full. Makes a difference to the MPG although not always practical.
Also on modern cars you don't have to worry so much about running to near empty as the fuel tanks are plastic.
From personal point of view I try not to use supermarket fuel, always try to buy from shell. When I get caught out have to buy from them I notice a big drop in MPG.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Tescos are the worst as it comes to how it is transported. Shell/BP/Texaco etc all have they own lorries so they only transport Fuel. The supermarkets use contract transport, so the lorries that delivers the fuel could also have been used to transport waste oils etc and the cleans that take place are not exactly through.A lot of the kangaroo fuel problems were related to the transport issues.

·
Registered
873 Posts
You might get a lower mpg with supermarket fuel but they are that much cheaper that you make your money back anyway!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts