Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Here in Portugal this week has come out a law that makes all cars have daytime lights from now on. So all new cars must have this. So will nissan have to change and add leds to Portugal at least?

I think that the aligator eyes would stay really cool with a couple of leds audi style. But should be like the ones on alfa romeo giulietta. I think it would stay awesome. I found this image. What do you think?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
its not just Portugal the whole of Europe is affected DRL's ARE now law on new cars
but not existing types only new models launched after Feb 2011

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah ok. As i heard, i thought tha even the new cars already at the market should adapt to this new directive. I don't think it should be law, but it shure would look good on Juke. The thing now is that it will become ordinary...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi,In a 'Which' email to me today they confirmed that as of 8th Feb all NEW production cars (not ones currently in production) must have DRL's.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Picture does look good. Not really sure of the benefits to be honest. I really hate Europe dictating to our sovereign nation what we can and cant do. (sorry, being a little political so rant over)!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol... not a good name. i agree. I don't like either the obligation of a law as i don't see a direct benefit in having DRL's and reducing accidents. Altough i think that the juke would look amazing wth three leds giulietta style or even the circular leds like qanzana have. That would've looked unique also.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I see the benefit. It was a bit foggy over Christmas, and the number of cars driving around without lights on was insane. Made pulling out of junctions a bit dodgy if you weren't sure if something was coming or not. It's just making up for people's own stupidity.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yep, there are a lot of stupid people out there not putting their lights on, even when it starts to get dark. They musts think they are all invincible !!

·
Registered
540 Posts
It's amazing. It's only taken Europe 40 years to catch up with Sweden...
I wander why we have to stick to plain LEDs, they are available in so many shapes I would have thought the manufacturers would be falling over themselves to get eye-catching designs of DRLs on the high street.

·
Registered
873 Posts
In Sweden it's the headlights that stay on all the time, not just some small LEDs / lights, and for a good reason - Scandinavia spends a much longer time in darkness than the rest of Europe because of its high latitude, especially in Winter. In the Northern parts of Scandinavia the sun isn't seen for months at a time.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Stormrider said:
In Sweden it's the headlights that stay on all the time, not just some small LEDs / lights, and for a good reason - Scandinavia spends a much longer time in darkness than the rest of Europe because of its high latitude, especially in Winter. In the Northern parts of Scandinavia the sun isn't seen for months at a time.
I scraped a VOLVO once .even after it went through the crusher ,the lights were still on

·
Registered
25 Posts
LOL Juke-of-earl!!
That's what i would call a "Solid but Iluminated Brand Guarantee" lol!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts