Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Can anyone clear this up for me, i believe from February 2011 we must all drive with lights on during the day.

Will this mean Side lights ?

Will Nissan be adding designated Day Running Lights ?

Thanks For Your Help

·
Registered
873 Posts
As far as I know, its actually illegal to drive with sidelights only at the moment, they are supposed to be used for parking only.
Edited by: Stormrider

·
Registered
329 Posts
Stormrider said:
As far as I know, its actually illegal to drive with sidelights only at the moment, they are supposed to be used for parking only.
If thats true.....then WOW, Im a serious criminal!

Andy

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Stormrider said:
WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
WITHERS said:
Hi All,

Can anyone clear this up for me, i believe from February 2011 we must all drive with lights on during the day.

Thanks For Your Help
European law states that from Feb 2011 all new vehicles sold in europe must have daytime running lights
you are not required to have these on any car registered prior to this date

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
deks36 said:
WITHERS said:
Hi All,

Thanks For Your Help
European law states that from Feb 2011 all new vehicles sold in europe must have daytime running lights
you are not required to have these on any car registered prior to this date
My Juke is not due till March 2011 so it will be registered after February 2011

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
in which i would presume it will come with them how they will look and where they are fitted is anyones guess at present

It is highly possible January will see changes to the Juke spec anyway as many manufacturers do this in new year may even be other options available then
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
345 Posts
maybe the parking lights will be used.

during daytime onand when you switch on the lights they well dim a little.

Just like the Golf 6 for example

hope tis can be done by progamming the ecu or something...I want them too on my juke then :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
sidelights in the daytime are a waste of time. They can't be seen any better than seeing the vehicle.
Led's are the best option as they are bright and don't consume as much energy.
I must admit so far one or two people think I'm driving around with my foglights on. I think like others have said there is a posibilty for fitting them either in the headlamp unit or even the sidelight unit.
when new cars come out after Febuary I perhaps wont get as much stick. There's one thing for sure I'm certainly getting noticed and the number of people pulling out on me seems to have dropped.

·
Registered
443 Posts
The older Volvo used 21 watt for.dtrl and a 5 watt for parking via utalisation of s stop.tail.type bulb in the front lamps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
JukesofHazzard said:
Hi,
My Juke is getting delivered begnning of Jan. Do you think Nissan will bring it up to spec retrospectively?
ThanksPaul
Doubt it! But youre probably going to have to pay if they can fit it afterwards.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi All

Dealer just rung me with the "official line" recieved by email from Nissan.

Nissan will not be adding any extra lights to any of thier models.

So it looks like side lights during the day,

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Nissan may want to read this then

DRL power consumption varies widely depending on the implementation. Current production DRL systems consume from 8 watts (dedicated LED
system) to over 200W (headlamps and all parking, tail, and marker
lights on). International regulators, primarily in Europe, are working
to balance the potential safety benefit offered by DRL with the
increased fuel consumption due to their use. Because the power to run
the DRLs must be produced by the engine, which in turn requires burning
additional fuel, high-power DRL systems increase CO<sub>2</sub> emissions sufficiently to affect a country's compliance with the Kyoto protocol on greenhouse gas emissions.<sup id="cite_ref-7" ="reference">[8]</sup> For that reason, low-power solutions are being encouraged<sup id="cite_ref-8" ="reference">[9]</sup>
and headlamp-based systems are not allowed when DRLs become mandatory
in Europe at the beginning of 2011</font>
. LEDs and low-power, high-efficacy,
long-life light bulbs produce appropriate amounts of light for an
effective DRL without significantly increasing fuel consumption or
emissions. Fuel consumption reductions of up to 0.5mpg may be found
when comparing a 55W DRL system to a 200W DRL system.<sup id="cite_ref-9" ="reference">[10]</sup>
In 2006, the UK's Department of Transport also found significant
reductions in emissions and fuel consumption when comparing a 42W DRL
system to a 160W full headlight DRL systems.<sup id="cite_ref-10" ="reference">[11]</sup>
DRL fuel consumption can be reduced to insignificant levels by the use
of 8 to 20W DRL systems based on LEDs or high-efficacy filament bulbs.

·
Registered
754 Posts
WITHERS said:
Hi All

Dealer just rung me with the "official line" recieved by email from Nissan.

Nissan will not be adding any extra lights to any of thier models.

So it looks like side lights during the day,
Does that mean that cars bought in 2010 can be driven without side lights and those bought in 2011 will be obliged to turn their side lights on during the day?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Probably best to go and get some led bulbs then . Some have 6 emiters and are bright but low power consumption.
They won't be putting the head lamps on a dim dip system as its not allowed as decks pointed out .

·
Registered
754 Posts
From the AA website:</font>
<h3 style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica; ">"Legal Directive</h3>In September 2008 the European Commission adopted a proposal for a Directive that will introduce dedicated daytime running light (DRL) on all new types of passenger cars and small delivery vans from February 2011 onwards. Trucks and buses will follow from August 2012 onwards.There will be no requirement to retro-fit daytime running lights to existing cars and no Europe-wide requirement for drivers of cars without dedicated daytime running lights to drive with headlights on during the day.Where fitted, dedicated daytime running lights will switch on automatically when the engine is started."
Better chase those orders, guys.</font>

Edited by: silverjuke

1 - 20 of 34 Posts