Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have had teh key symbol on the dash light up a couple of times on engine start up, it remains on for about a mile then all is fine. Is this a battery problem in the key remote? I have a Tekna petrol model, with remote key etc. Anyone seen this before. Merlin

·
Registered
64 Posts
How old is the car? Doubt it's the battery already. The light can come if the system cannot 'see' the iKey either through interference (other keys on same key ring), out of range of the antennae or low battery. Try relocating it in the car if it happens again to see if the light goes off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car is one year old, i have started useing the spare and the fault has not occoured since, i asume it must be battery. I will try a swap and see if the fault has totaly gone. Merlin

·
Registered
64 Posts
Good news Merlin, hopefully a battery change will cure the ailing iKey.

The iKey system seems pretty solid these days since the nightmares when it was released on Micra!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi just to thanks for the sugestions, i changed the battery and the problem with this remote has now been resolved, so if you see the key coming on for short periods try changing the battery. Its cured my problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts