Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

CVT - Hill Assist

20K views 42 replies 15 participants last post by  Pilgrim 
#1 ·
Hello everybody!!

I searched, but couldn´t find an answer...

Does the Juke CVT has a system like Hill Assist??

If you are in a hill with breaks on (climbing), when you take your foot to accelerate does it stays in place or pulls up?? or does it roll back if you'r not quick enough??

Thank you very much in advanced!!

Regards

#6 ·
You've found one! I have a CVT. Dont know if it has a hill assist system,Ijust drive it!
Its never let me down yet. I have always had enough time to move my foot back to the accelerator without a roll back issue. It does creep forward too if on level ground or slight inclines. I tested it on my moms drive, which is very steep & I just took my foot of the break & left it to see how good it was, eventually it rolled back but only after several long seconds.Maybe others are different & others will disagree. I havent had a CVT before, other than the loan Micra and it was an issue that worried me,but I can only comment on my Daisy Juke experience and its all round fab.

#7 ·
sallyspud said:
You've found one! I have a CVT. Dont know if it has a hill assist system,Ijust drive it!
Its never let me down yet. I have always had enough time to move my foot back to the accelerator without a roll back issue. It does creep forward too if on level ground or slight inclines. I tested it on my moms drive, which is very steep & I just took my foot of the break & left it to see how good it was, eventually it rolled back but only after several long seconds.Maybe others are different & others will disagree. I havent had a CVT before, other than the loan Micra and it was an issue that worried me,but I can only comment on my Daisy Juke experience and its all round fab.
sally,dear lady,how nice to see you back again,

#10 ·
sallyspud said:
Its never let me down yet. I have always had enough time to move my foot back to the accelerator without a roll back issue. It does creep forward too if on level ground or slight inclines. I tested it on my moms drive, which is very steep & I just took my foot of the break & left it to see how good it was, eventually it rolled back but only after several long seconds.
Maybe others are different & others will disagree. I havent had a CVT before, other than the loan Micra and it was an issue that worried me,but I can only comment on my Daisy Juke experience and its all round fab.

Thank you very much!!

Great, as you say it doesn't rool back on a hill!! that was an important issue for me because I had a Smart (1st generation) and it hadn't any system to secure it on a hill, and it was very annoying!!

I notice you have the 4x4 and as the CVT gearboxis different from the 2x4 do you know if the2x4 have the same "system"?? (I'm planning on buying the 2x4)

Many thanks!!

RegardsEdited by: Garfield

#12 ·
acrorat said:
Garfield said:
?? can you please explain??

Thanks
Put right foot on the accelerator and left foot on the brake, letting off the handbrake just before starting to pull away. Then let off the brake foot once moving forward smoothly.
Ok, thank you, I understood!

It seems like the CVT of the Juke have a "system" that eliminates that issue

Rgds

#13 ·
Garfield, I would ask your dealer to confirm. I have bought the CVT 4WD and know nothing about any hill assist on the car. I have had several automatics now and you get used to quickly shifting your foot from the accelerator to the brake and back again when you are moving off on a hill or even at an opening on a steep hill. The trick is to have only enough pressure on the accelerator pedalto provide enough engine power for the gears to hold the car.
Do not think the car has hill assist just because it takes a few seconds before it rolls back. Hill assist will completely stop the car from rolling back by keeping the brakes applied like on the VW Passat CC.

#20 ·
I just think its a feature that is not needed and is dangerous.

If you have two cars like I have, the roadie and the Qashqai, the hill assist on the Roadie makes you think you have it on all cars. By that I mean it is easy to forget when doing an up-hill start.

Sometimes, the hill assist does annoy me too.

#21 ·
Hello!

Many thanks for all the replies!!

I´m getting a little bit confused...

I already drove/had several cars with automatic gearboxes. Some were, for me, very annoying, because you have to be very quick with your foot, otherwise the car, on a hill, will immediately roll back (smart 1st generation)
Others (like Smart 3rd gen. and Smart Roadster) have a "system" to prevent the immediate roll back: it acts on the brakes - when you take your foot off the pedal brake it stays braking for more 0,7 seconds, and you have "more time" to put your foot on the accelerator pedal.
Others (like the LR freelander steptronic; mercedes) doesn't act on the brakes, but when you take your foot off the pedal brake it starts moving foward even in a flat road. If you are in a hill it will prevent the car from a roll back.

All I wish to know is if the Juke CVT 2x4 have any "system" that prevents the roll back on a hill (even for one second ;-) )

Many thanks to all

#23 ·
CC the mountain air must be gettin to you. Never admit that you can't multi-task from one vehicle to another when there are ladies on the forum.

Garfiled, I'll say it again - ask the dealer's service guys. They should know.

12 hours to go now... will I be able to sleep?

#25 ·
I have 2WD CVT.
DOn't know whether it is called Hill Assist or not, but you definitely don't start to roll back on ahill for a few seconds.
Definitely no need to rush between the brake and accelerator or do a driving school/ manual type hill start. If you stop on a hill you don't need your foot on either pedal for a few seconds; then you will notice it start to roll back. So hold it with you foot on the brake, easy to move it to the accelerator when you want to get going again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.