Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody advise if the gear lever console of the 2WD version made in Sunderland is the same as the 4WD version made in Japan. The brochures and specs don't seem to clarify.
The reason I ask is that the CVT I test drove was the 4WD DIG-T and this car had the ability to switch the gear lever to a position whereby it is possible to make quick gear changes both down and up which I thought made it an excellent option.
I did see a somewhat vague photo somewhere for a 2WD CVT version which seemed to show the console without the ability to make it semi manual.
Any feedback and pics would be welcome.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
there is a pic somehwere on the forum not sure where but I can confirm the 2wd cvt box is different from the 4 wd and doesnt not have the ability to manual change it

·
Registered
412 Posts
The 2WD CVT Box can not be used as a manual, only the 4WD CVT box has this caperbility.

This is why orders for the 4WD are being processed and the other box which is in short supply, on hold.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
540 Posts
All CVT orders are on hold now according to our dealer yesterday.
Our 4WD CVT is not expected till Sept 2011 so we have a courtesy car till then. All fully insured and so on...

·
Registered
133 Posts
i have driven a 4x4 cvt and bascically the gears have another gate to the left that is the up/down bit for the cvt. forward to go up, back to go down.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Here is a photo of my AWD CVT shifter; you can see the manual shift gate.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply 12inch.
Apart from the Park, Reverse, Neutral, Drive positions there appears to be one at the bottom with an L. Is this a low gear or something ?
Also, on the lever itself I assume that the big knob is to allow the lever to move to the respective positions but what is the small button below the large knob ?
Lastly do you find the gearbox responsive when needed ?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
sussexvet said:
Thanks for the reply 12inch.
Apart from the Park, Reverse, Neutral, Drive positions there appears to be one at the bottom with an L. Is this a low gear or something ?
Also, on the lever itself I assume that the big knob is to allow the lever to move to the respective positions but what is the small button below the large knob ?
Lastly do you find the gearbox responsive when needed ?
Thanks
Sussexvet, the L position is for low gear - and the small button is for sport mode, seems to hold the gears at higher revs rather than changing so quickly, revs high but really flies. Works in all engine modes I think.
Lastly - Yes!!! In Normal and especially Sports mode - if you floor it to overtake or get onto a roundabout a bit quickish it really delivers the power, have found this "Kick Down" very usefull. Not tried it in Eco mode yet. Hang on.................. Have not tried Eco mode yet........

12inch

Edited by: 12Inchmick

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks 12inch, you have provided very useful information.
When I ordered our Juke last November I was told by the salesman that the CVT box and controls were the same for both the 2WD & 4WD models so I was looking forward to the semi manual quick change of the 4WD box. I admit I was disappointed to be advised otherwise.

Your reply has cheered me up
so hopefully at the end of June/early July (7.5 months) we'll be having kick down and lift off as hoped !!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
12Inchmick said:
Sussexvet, the L position is for low gear - and the small button is for sport mode, seems to hold the gears at higher revs rather than changing so quickly, revs high but really flies. Works in all engine modes I think.
I didn't know that!
Only been driving it for nearly 6 months!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
silverjuke said:
12Inchmick said:
I didn't know that!
Only been driving it for nearly 6 months!

There are things still to discover for us all it seems............

·
Registered
540 Posts
Sussexvet, Ilmor's photo shows the gearbox set-up for the USA and other left-hand drive machines. Ours will show the manual gera change bittie on the right - just for your info. I know this won't cheer you up any more though but, yours should still mooove=====>

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the further information.
I assume that the pic provided by 12inchMick is the UK spec.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
why have a button on the gear lever for sport mode when you have the three buttons on the front console for eco normal and sport?
Does pressing that little button cycle through through modes as well?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
meaga-byte said:
why have a button on the gear lever for sport mode when you have the three buttons on the front console for eco normal and sport?

Does pressing that little button cycle through through modes as well?
The Eco, Normal and Sport modes in the 2wd CVT alters the throttle response as in all the Jukes, the CVT box however has the ratios altered according to the Mode selected.
The sport mode button on the CVT Shift works across all modes and is like the old style overdrive button.
Hope that is clearer. (Also hope that is correct)

12inch

1 - 18 of 18 Posts